[comp.sys.zenith.z100] Hardware reset switch?

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (04/17/88)

Hello, and please forgive me if this is an inappropriate posting, but...

I'd like to add a hardware reset switch to my z-158.  I'm told there's a
reset interrupt on the cpu chip, and that pulling this TRUE (low) momentarily
will do the trick.  Or maybe it's a "Power Good" line.

Obviously, I don't have enough hints to wing this.  Can anyone supply more
detailed information, such as what lines to look for on the motherboard?
Step-by-step instructions would be _real_ nice... :-)

I don't have schematics, and I'd like to avoid laying out the bucks, but if
I absolutely have to have them, could someone tell me just what it is I
need to get?  And from whom?  (I bought the computer through school, and
they're well set up to assist people who want word processors but they're
not at all into hardware mods.)

Thanks in advance, as they say,		- Bob Montante

RAMontante,		bobmon @ any of		iuvax.cs.indiana.edu,
Computer Science		(one of 'em  )	    silver.bacs.indiana.edu,
Indiana University		(should be up)		iucs.cs.indiana.edu

cwwj@ur-tut (Clarence Wilkerson) (04/18/88)

In article <7967@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) writes:
> I'd like to add a hardware reset switch to my z-158.  I'm told there's a
> reset interrupt on the cpu chip, and that pulling this TRUE (low) momentarily
> will do the trick.  Or maybe it's a "Power Good" line.

 My memory is that one way to do it is to pull the POWER good line
low for a while. A switch and a capacitor are required to keep it
down (up?) for long enough to reset and not bounce.