[comp.sys.zenith.z100] Is ARC a valid trademark?

troeger@ttidca.UUCP (Jeff Troeger) (09/21/88)

In article <1682@qiclab.UUCP> leonard@qiclab.UUCP (Leonard Erickson) writes:
>I seem to vaguely recall hearing somethiing to the effect that you cannot
>trademark a "descriptive" term. (forgive the vagueness as it has been a
>*long* time since I saw this)

Being unfamiliar with the copyright/trademark issues, I don't know if this
is useful, but DataPoint has a trademark (and has had it since the '70s)
on the word ARC. As reprinted from a current Datapoint Manual

	"Attached Resource Computer" is a trademark of DATAPOINT Corporation.
	Registered in the US patent and Trademark office.
	"ARC" is a trademark of DATAPOINT Corp.