[comp.sys.zenith.z100] DBASE I CONVERSION PROGRAMS

SAC.91SMW-SE@E.ISI.EDU (02/09/89)

I AM PRESENTLY USING A DBASE I PROGRAM ON A ZENITH 100 MACHINE.  I WOULD
LIKE TO CONVERT IT TO DBASE III USING A ZENITH 248/IBM COMNPATIBLE.
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A PROGRAM THAT WILL ALLOW THIS?

ART DAVIS
MINOT NORTH DAKOTA

carlson@gateway.mitre.org (Bruce Carlson) (02/09/89)

In article <[E.ISI.EDU].8-Feb-89.09:47:06.SAC.91SMW-SE> SAC.91SMW-SE@E.ISI.EDU writes:

>I AM PRESENTLY USING A DBASE I PROGRAM ON A ZENITH 100 MACHINE.  I WOULD
>LIKE TO CONVERT IT TO DBASE III USING A ZENITH 248/IBM COMNPATIBLE.
>DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A PROGRAM THAT WILL ALLOW THIS?
>
>ART DAVIS
>MINOT NORTH DAKOTA

The Z248 will read the Z100 disks directly, but I don't know if
Ashton Tate Dbase I files are the same as Dbase III.
One (at least it was) good source of Zenith info is the Navy Regional
Data Automation Center (NARDAC) at Norfolk, VA.  The Air Force
supposedly has a similar office at Gunter AFS, but the Navy seems to
have put a lot into supporting the Zenith micros.
NARDAC runs a bulletin board also and you may be able to get the
program you need or the information by sending a message through
the BBS.
I don't know any of the NARDAC numbers, but I think the
AUTOVON info number at Norfolk is 564-0111.

Bruce Carlson

RDYSART@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Dick Dysart STEWS-TE-LG 6125) (02/10/89)

Art,
Not sure about dBase I, but a book with db III package, called:

	dBASE Bridge, A guide for the conversion of dBASE II programs
	to dBASE III.

Talks about converting to/from dBASE III..
Thought this might help..
Dick..
-------