[comp.sys.zenith.z100] Third floppy drive for Zenith Z200s?

aland@infmx.UUCP (Dr. Scump) (02/12/89)

I have a Zenith Z241 AT compatible with the regular two-floppy
two-hard disk controller, a 1.2MB floppy, and a 360K floppy
(plus 2 hard drives).  I would VERY MUCH like to add a 3.5"
1.44 MB floppy to this setup (in an external cabinet of some kind).
The problem: what to do for floppy controller?  The local Zenith
store thinks that there have been problems with adding a second
controller, but they aren't sure.  Are there controllers which
can handle >= 1 floppy without interfering with the primary
controller?  (Or some other method that yields a working third
drive as far as DOS is concerned)

I'd just like to keep both existing drives.  A setup which uses
a separate device driver for the third floppy is OK.  I can make
the 3.5" drive one of the 2 primary drives (I upgraded the ROMs
to handle 1.44 MB 3.5" drives, and I have Zenith MS-DOS 3.3), so
all I would need is a way to support a third (360K) floppy.
Any help appreciated.  Please use email; I will post a summary if
there is interest.

advTHANKSance,
Alan

--
    Alan S. Denney  @  Informix Software, Inc.
         {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland                 "I want to live!

todd@stiatl.UUCP (Todd Merriman) (02/13/89)

In article <885@infmx.UUCP> aland@infmx.UUCP (Dr. Scump) writes:
>I have a Zenith Z241 AT compatible with the regular two-floppy

I thought that this was a Z100 newsgroup.  I subscribe to this newsgroup
so that I may have information about my non-PC-compatible Z100 MSDOS-CP/M
computer.  I am not interested in PC-compatible information.  I do believe
that there is a newsgroup for the other Zenith computers.

	...!gatech!stiatl!todd
	Todd Merriman 404-377-8638
	Atlanta, GA