[comp.sys.zenith.z100] New MSDOS uploads to Simtel20

W8SDZ@SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (09/08/88)

Thanks to Larry Press <lipress@a.isi.edu> for submitting the following to
the SIMTEL20 archives, and to Greg Hicks for coordinating the transfer.

All are files/programs designed to be used in a classroom and introduce the
student to Lotus 1-2-3, DOS, Wordstar.  Included are an 'expert system'
benchmark program generator as well as a LAN benchmark...

Files are:
pd1:<msdos.lotus123>123TRAIN.ARC  - Lotus 1-2-3 training files
pd1:<msdos.editor>WS-TRAIN.ARC    - Wordstar Training files w/sample .DOC files
pd1:<msdos.sysutl>DOSTRAIN.ARC    - DOS training files
pd1:<msdos.education>EXPBENCH.ARC - Expert system (Knowledge base) benchmark
                                      programs
pd1:<msdos.lan>LANBENCH.ARC       - Benchmark programs for LANs

All files have at least a README.DOC file.  Most also have a NOTES.DOC
file explaining the various files in the archive.  With the exception
of these two files however, the rest of the files (.AST, .HDT) are in
Wordstar format.  However, a STRIP program is included to convert these
files to pure ASCII...

--Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the CP/M and MSDOS archives at SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [26.0.0.74]
Arpa: W8SDZ@SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL
Uucp: {att,decwrl,harvard,ucbvax,uunet,uw-beaver}!simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz

jrv@MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA ("James R. Van Zandt") (10/09/88)

I have uploaded the following programs to SIMTEL20...
PD1:<MSDOS.C>GETF.ARC
	BLDFUNCS scans one or more C source files and notes where each
	function is defined.  GETF is then used to locate the source file
	containing a particular function and direct your favorite editor to
	it.  The system is particularly helpful when editing someone else's
	large program which is divided into many files.  This ARC includes
	source code, executables, and documentation for both.  From Marvin
	Hymowech's article in DDJ #142 (August 1988), transcribed and
	modestly enhanced by James R. Van Zandt <jrv@mitre-bedford.arpa>.

PD1:<MSDOS.TROJAN-PRO>FILE-CRC.ARC
	FILECRC calculates CRCs for all files on a disk and records them in
	a file.  COMPARE then compares two such files and reports
	differences, highlighting suspicious changes (file contents changed
	but creation date unchanged).  Useful for spotting viral
	reproduction and/or damage.  This ARC includes source code,
	executables, and documentation for both.  Written by Ted H. Emigh,
	translated from Pascal to C and modestly enhanced by James R. Van
	Zandt <jrv@mitre-bedford.arpa>.

                          - Jim Van Zandt

W8SDZ@SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (10/10/88)

I just uploaded the following new files to SIMTEL20...

Filename			Type	 Bytes	 CRC

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.RBBS-PC>
171A-DOC.ARC.1			BINARY	322178  BB1DH
171A-EXE.ARC.1			BINARY	331034  EDF3H
171A-NEW.ARC.1			BINARY	 36997  43D0H
171A-UTL.ARC.1			BINARY	206020  2A86H

This is the entire RBBS-PC 1.71A BBS package, just released last week.
Downloaded from the DKUG RBBS system in Detroit.

Also...

Filename			Type	 Bytes	 CRC

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.ARC-LBR>
NO-ARC3.ARC.1			BINARY	 16258  B46AH

The third version of FIGHTSEA, how to fight the SEA ARC problem.  Many
new names of BBS SysOps, software authors, and commercial users have
been added to the endorsement list at the end of the file and
additional details about the situation have been included.

--Keith

W8SDZ@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (11/27/88)

Thanks to Les Brown for uploading the following new files to the
SIMTEL20 archives.  All files are on the PD1: device.

--Keith

From: Bernie Eiben <EIBEN@TOPS20.DEC.COM>

I have uploaded the following files to Simtel20:

<msdos.database>
PCTAX88.ARC     1988 Federal income tax program
STAX88.ARC      1988 Federal income tax program

<msdos.lotus123>
FEDTAX8A.ARC    Lotus 123 templates for 1988 Federal taxes

<msdos.dskutl>
WD.ARC  Files downloaded straight from Western Digitals BBS - packed into a
        archive.  Contains C-sources and executables for a FORMATter and
        exerciser.  Also included is a very extensive technical table for
        winnies.

I have also sent you the following files from Paul Carnell for
PD1:<MSDOS.MSWINDOWS>.  Most were entries to MicroSoft's WINAPPs
contest last month.

APLT11.ARC      WIN: One-liner utils for use with Command-Post 5.2
BROW31.ARC      Browser file viewer for MS Windows
CHKBK2.ARC      Checkbook balancer for MS Windows - many nice features
CMDP52.ARC      WIN: Cmd-Post v5.2 exec ctl., calling features use APLT11
DISKJU.ARC      Graphic disk tree display for MS Windows
FINDER.ARC      File finder for MS Windows
FIRE42.ARC      MS Windows screen blanker v4.2, all bursts now on screen
XWORD.ARC       MS Windows Crossword puzzle maker - limited funct. demo

Regards,
Bernie

---

Thanks, Bernie!

--Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the CP/M & MSDOS archives at wsmr-simtel20.army.mil [26.0.0.74]
DDN: w8sdz@wsmr-simtel20.army.mil
Uucp: {ames,decwrl,harvard,rutgers,ucbvax,uunet}!wsmr-simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz

sbdx@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ronggang Zhang) (03/08/89)

 My last question somehow was screwed up, here it is again:
What is Simtel20 and how can I download files from it?
  Thanks!

GUBBINS@RADC-TOPS20.ARPA (Gern) (03/08/89)

SIMTEL20.ARPA is a DECSystem 20.  You FTP files off it to your host using
your FTP program the operation of which is specific to your host/version/
implementation.  If you can't figure it out, you will have to consult
your local Admin.

Gern
-------