From: c31293%tansei.cc.u-tokyo.ac.jp@RELAY.CS.NET (Kenji Rikitake)
Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc
Subject: v02i042: C source for lharc's LZHuff compression algorithm
Date: 6 Apr 89 01:00:33 GMT

Checksum: 4042323451  (Verify with "brik -cv")
Posting-number: Volume 02, Issue 042
Originally-from: Haruhiko Okumura, Haruyasu Yoshizaki, & Kenji Rikitake
Submitted-by: Kenji Rikitake <c31293%tansei.cc.u-tokyo.ac.jp@RELAY.CS.NET>
Archive-name: lharc/lzhsrc10.uue

[ US users should note that the cost of international email is usually
borne by the non-US recipient or sender.  -- R.D. ]

Following is a source code of single-file compression/uncompresssion
program. It has the same compression algorithm with LHarc.  I have got
a permission to post this to the USENET community from Haruyasu
Yoshizaki.
-- Kenji

[
From the source:

    * LZHUF.C English version 1.0
    * Based on Japanese version 29-NOV-1988
    * LZSS coded by Haruhiko OKUMURA
    * Adaptive Huffman Coding coded by Haruyasu YOSHIZAKI
    * Edited and translated to English by Kenji RIKITAKE

The source is fairly generic but has a few ANSI-specific features such
as memmove() and function prototypes.

It compiles with Turbo C 1.0.  The resulting program is quite fast,
considering it is written purely in C.  It seems to compress exactly as
well as lharc itself.  I did not try to compile it on any other
system.

This would have been the perfect text posting except that there are
some control characters in the source, so I archived it.

-- R.D.
]