Date: Fri 26 May 89 09:45:59-EST
From: Gern <GUBBINS@TOPS20.RADC.AF.MIL>
Subject: Re: Latest ROM & DOS
To: token!alpope@sun.com

As far as I know (and I try to get the latest info when I can):

The latest Z-100 MTR-100 ROM is v2.9, I don't know of any hardcopy listings
available.    The v2.9 contains code for the Boot <S>ystem command to
report if an 8087 is present, as well as if 256K RAM ICs are used on the
motherboard.

My version of Z-100 MS-DOS is v3.10 and IO-SYS is v3.02.
It is theoretically possible to swap the IO.SYS module from the Z-100
with that from a foreign MS-DOS (MS-DOS for the PC) and have it run.
MS-DOS is >still< supposed to be machine independent, however, FORMAT,
DISKCOPY, and perhaps COMMAND.COM are usually machine specific as is
of course the IO.SYS (BIOS) or what ever it is named on a non-Z100 MS-DOS.

I also heard that MS-WORD has a Z-100 version, but I have zero ideas on
where to get it.

If ANYONE has more/better info on all these, please post!

Cheers,
Gern
-------
-------