[comp.sys.zenith.z100] SEXTANT still around??...

djo7613@blake.acs.washington.edu (Dick O'Connor) (07/18/89)

Things have been a bit hectic the past few months, but as the smoke
clears around my desk, I seem to see no issues of Sextant magazine
after the Late Winter issue (March, '89).

My subscription should still be good for another few issues.  Calls to
D.C. aren't getting through, though I do have a 3-hour time difference
to keep in mind, and I don't always do that.  Is Sextant and Charlie Floto
still alive, well, and up to their usual excellence?  I'm starting to
wonder if Western Washington fell into the Pacific Ocean when I
wasn't looking...

"Moby" Dick O'Connor                            ** DISCLAIMER: It would
Washington Department of Fisheries              ** surprise me if the
Olympia, Washington  98504                      ** rest of the Department
Internet Mail: djo7613@blake.acs.washington.edu ** agreed with any of this!

dave@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Dave Goldblatt) (07/18/89)

Sextant folded.  There simply wasn't enough advertising to support it;
in fact, Charlie Floto was losing money on most of the last few
issues.  He's trying to work out a way for another magazine to pick up
the remaining issues on people's subscriptions.  More details can be
had on Compu$erve -- he posted a long message or two there about what
happened.

That's all the information I have.

-dg-
--

Internet: dave@sun.soe.clarkson.edu  or:   dave@clutx.clarkson.edu
BITNET:   dave@CLUTX.Bitnet          uucp: {rpics, gould}!clutx!dave

davism@pyr.gatech.EDU (Martin H. Davis, Jr.) (07/19/89)

In article <DAVE.89Jul17223834@sun.clarkson.edu>, dave@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Dave Goldblatt) writes:
> Sextant folded.  There simply wasn't enough advertising to support it;
> in fact, Charlie Floto was losing money on most of the last few
> issues.  He's trying to work out a way for another magazine to pick up
> the remaining issues on people's subscriptions.  More details can be
> had on Compu$erve -- he posted a long message or two there about what
> happened.

Could someone please post the discussion that apparently appeared on Compu-
serve concerning Sextant's demise?  I would like to know the publisher's
explanation since I recently made a lengthy renewal and consider myself
as having been taken.  His explanation may prevent me from filing a com-
plaint with the Postal Service (which could have as a consequence his
not being able to do business in like manner again).

--Martin Davis