[comp.sys.zenith.z100] Easy-87 board added capacitors?

koziarz@halibut.nosc.mil (Walter A. Koziarz) (09/01/89)

Some time ago mention was made of adding two capacitors to the 'Easy-87'
8087 board for the Z100.  This fix corrected random system crashes experienced
by the writer.  I am experiencing the same type of failures/crashes and would
appreciate any information relative to this fix.  Thank you.

Walt K.
-------

In article <1441@nosc.NOSC.MIL> koziarz@halibut.nosc.mil.UUCP (Walter A. Koziarz) writes:
>Some time ago mention was made of adding two capacitors to the 'Easy-87'
>8087 board for the Z100.  This fix corrected random system crashes experienced
>by the writer.  I am experiencing the same type of failures/crashes and would
>appreciate any information relative to this fix.  Thank you.

I think that was me (at least I had this problem and fixed it with caps).
I had called UIC for assistance and they suggested it.  I'll have to
check at home to see if I have notes on what caps and where.  Failing
that, I'll open it up and take a look.

Mark Urban-Lurain                        urban@cpswh.cps.msu.edu
Computer Science Dept.                   urbanluraimg@clvax1.cl.msu.edu
Michigan State University
A-714 Wells Hall                         (517) 353-0682   office
East Lansing, MI     48824               (517) 355-5210   department