[comp.sys.zenith.z100] How control cursor?

mac@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Myron A. Calhoun) (09/18/90)

How can one, without writing DIRECTLY to the screen and without
using ANSICON, control the starting position of the cursor so that
output to the screen will occur at a specified position.

Maybe what I'm asking is "How does ANSICON control the cursor?"
I've looked through the PUP and DOS manuals without success;
where should I look next?  Since the Z-100 supposedly acts like
a Heath 19 terminal (is this equivalent to a VT-52?), I presume
there are control codes which, somehow/somewhere, cause the
cursor to move.  WHO/WHAT interprets these codes?  Or are there
special parameters carried in registers to control the cursor?
Should I be looking for BIOS_CONFUNC or MTR-100 write-ups?
--Myron.
--
# Myron A. Calhoun, Ph.D. E.E.; Associate Professor   (913) 539-4448 home
# INTERNET: mac@harris.cis.ksu.edu   (129.130.10.2)         532-6350 work

koziarz@halibut.nosc.mil (Walter A. Koziarz) (09/19/90)

In article <1990Sep18.152911.25955@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> mac@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Myron A. Calhoun) writes:
>How can one, without writing DIRECTLY to the screen and without
>using ANSICON, control the starting position of the cursor so that
>output to the screen will occur at a specified position.

Myron,

You're making it harder than it is...  Check out Appendix B in the 'white'
manual.  Excerpts below:

	ESC A -- cursor up
	ESC B -- cursor down
	ESC C -- cursor right
etcetera
The 'ESC' is 01bh and 'A' is 041h, etc.

fragment example --

rem cursor up one line
print chr$(27),"A"
rem chr$(27) = ESC; "A" = letter 'A'

Now, if only I could determine how to use the related escape code to determine
whether a Z-100 has color video.....

Walt K.