[comp.sys.zenith.z100] 'C'FOR Z-100 ?

RDYSART@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Dick Dysart STEWS-TE-LG 6125) (09/19/90)

Does anyone know where I can find/get a 'C' language that works on the Z-100
in native mode?
Thought I might get on with it and try to learn "C"..
All responses treated with respect..
Dick..
-------

koziarz@halibut.nosc.mil (Walter A. Koziarz) (09/19/90)

In article <12622989458.26.RDYSART@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL> RDYSART@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Dick Dysart STEWS-TE-LG 6125) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can find/get a 'C' language that works on the Z-100
>in native mode?
>Thought I might get on with it and try to learn "C"..
>All responses treated with respect..
>Dick..
>-------

MicroSoft C (I am using v 3.0 and 6.0) work just fine.  The drawback is that
they are many, many $$$$$$$$$.  TurboC v 1.0 works well and later (I tried 1.5,
but junked it) don't work quite as well; seems Borland IBM-ified some of the
useful library routines, like printf (as I recall...) and the Z100 now gives
'WILD INTERRUPT' when fed one of these.  If funds permit, get the MicroSoft C,
IMHO it is a *far superior* product.

Walt K.

gt4589b@prism.gatech.EDU (Davis, Jr., Martin H.) (09/22/90)

In article <12622989458.26.RDYSART@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL> RDYSART@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Dick Dysart STEWS-TE-LG 6125) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can find/get a 'C' language that works on the Z-100
>in native mode?

I have been using Microsoft's QuickC V. 2.0 for a year now (I only use
the command line forms to invoke the compiler and linker), and it has
never given me any trouble.  Of course, I stay away from screen graphics
commands and the like.  I have the upgrade (to V. 2.5), but I cannot
testify to its usefulness since I've never had time to install it and
check it out.

--
DAVIS,MARTIN HENRY JR
uucp: ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!gt4589b