[comp.sys.zenith.z100] User's group / BBS???

jimv@hienergy.East.Sun.COM (Jim Vienneau - Sun Microsystems) (01/30/91)

Does anyone know if there are still any User's groups or BBS's supporting
the Z100?

Jim Vienneau, Sun Microsystems Inc - Billerica, MA
Email: jvienneau@east.sun.com   Amateur Radio: WB1B
Good old Ma Bell (well old anyway): (508)671-0372

koziarz@halibut.nosc.mil (Walter A. Koziarz) (01/31/91)

In article <4106@eastapps.East.Sun.COM> jimv@hienergy.UUCP (Jim Vienneau  - Sun Microsystems) writes:
>Does anyone know if there are still any User's groups or BBS's supporting
>the Z100?
>
>Jim Vienneau, Sun Microsystems Inc - Billerica, MA

Well, this doesn't *quite* answer the question regarding specifically the
presence of BBSs and/or user groups; but I think it's close enough.  This past
Veterans' Day weekend, in Norfolk, VA was held the the 'First Annual Z100 User
Conference' (although, in retrospect, I feel 'Workshop' would have been a
better title).  This was th edoing of Mr. Paul Herman, with local arraingments
by Travis Barfield.  Among items addressed here were the new MTR-100 version
3.0, Travis's 512 color video board, and plans for an SCSI host adapter.  So, I
feel that support for the Z-100 does still exist, we just have to look for it.

Walt K.

anon@rouge.usl.edu (Anonymous NNTP Posting) (02/06/91)

At the risk of being flamed for even mentioning it, the Heath Users Group
(HUG) still exists and provides some minimal reference to the needs and
accomplishments of z100 addicts in their REMark* monthly, and their
operation of the HUG bbs (300,1200,2400 baud) at 616-982-3956.  Recent
issues of REMark* have had some information and .asm listings useful
for the z100, but the bulk of the material is directed toward owners of the
Zenith clones of an Inferior But Marketable product.  Join/subscribe or
mooch a sample issue from HUG, POBox 217, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
(616-982-3463)
--phil

Annoying .sig to follow.