[comp.sys.zenith.z100] wanted: z-100 communications software

brettl@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (Brett J. Larsen) (05/16/91)

I'm posting this for my friend Randy.

He needs a communications software package which emulates
a vt100 type terminal and also supports kermit file transfers.

His Z100 system was purchased in 1984 and is still running under ZDOS.

Is such a package still commercially available, or even better, PD?

Thanks,
Brett
--
--Brett J. Larsen             inet: larsen@austin.lockheed.com
--Lockheed Austin Division    office: (512) 386-4313

dj@ctron.com (DJ Delorie) (05/16/91)

In article <568@shrike.AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM>, brettl@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (Brett J. Larsen) writes:
> He needs a communications software package which emulates
> a vt100 type terminal and also supports kermit file transfers.
>
> His Z100 system was purchased in 1984 and is still running under ZDOS.

As a last resort, I think I still have an old Z100 version of Kermit
somewhere that probably does vt100.  Check the official Kermit sources
and see if there's still a Z100 option in them.

DJ
dj@ctron.com