[comp.sys.zenith.z100] 3.5 inch drives on a Z100?

GR.JLB@isumvs.iastate.edu (Jeff Balvanz) (06/01/91)

I received a question from a user here at Iowa State University
who would like to install a 3.5 inch drive in a Z-100.  I know that
you can put a HD 5.25 inch drive in from Gern's notes, but a 3.5?
Before I call him back and tell him it can't be done. . .has anybody
tried it?
--
Jeff Balvanz                    BITNET: gr.jlb@isumvs.BITNET
Senior Technical Consultant     INTERNET:  gr.jlb@isuvms.iastate.edu

appel@xcf.Berkeley.EDU (Shannon D. Appel) (06/01/91)

In article <1991May31.172621.10872@news.iastate.edu> GR.JLB@isumvs.iastate.edu (Jeff Balvanz) writes:
>I received a question from a user here at Iowa State University
>who would like to install a 3.5 inch drive in a Z-100.  I know that
>you can put a HD 5.25 inch drive in from Gern's notes, but a 3.5?
>Before I call him back and tell him it can't be done. . .has anybody
>tried it?

Back when I used to have a Z-100, a bit over a year ago, I did have a 3.5"
high-density drive in it.  (the driver I had even supported 1.6M of storage,
which, though it is non-standard, was very nice.)  I got the driver package
from a guy named Paul Herman.  He sells a lot of nice Z-100 software, and
also runs a magazine name Z-100 Lifeline.  With luck, there is someone else
around who has Paul Herman's address and will be able to pass it on to you.
If you don't get that address in a day or two, drop me a line and I'll give
my father a call, and have him look it up for me.

Shannon

mac@cis.ksu.edu (Myron A. Calhoun) (06/01/91)

In <APPEL.91May31125035@con.xcf.Berkeley.EDU> appel@xcf.Berkeley.EDU (Shannon D. Appel) writes:
<In article <1991May31.172621.10872@news.iastate.edu> GR.JLB@isumvs.iastate.edu (Jeff Balvanz) writes:
<>I received a question from a user here at Iowa State University
<>who would like to install a 3.5 inch drive in a Z-100....

<Back when I used to have a Z-100, a bit over a year ago, I did have a 3.5"
<high-density drive in it.  (the driver I had even supported 1.6M of storage,
<which, though it is non-standard, was very nice.)  I got the driver package
<from a guy named Paul Herman....

I just happen to have the April 21, 1991, "Customer Newsletter" from
       Paul F. Herman Inc.
       3620 Amazon Drive             (813) 376-5457
       New Port Richey, FL  34655    (800) 346-2152  (orders)
sitting on my desk!
--Myron.
--
# Myron A. Calhoun, Ph.D. E.E.; Associate Professor   (913) 539-4448 home
#  INTERNET:  mac@cis.ksu.edu (129.130.10.2)                532-6350 work