[comp.sys.celerity] X11R4 clients on Celerity

eap@cs.bu.edu (Eric A. Pearce) (03/25/90)

  I was about to try building the libraries and clients, but I thought I'd
  ask first.  Does anybody have a celerity.cf ?

  -e

 Eric Pearce eap@bu-pub.bu.edu
 Boston University Information Technology
 111 Cummington Street  Boston MA 02215  617-353-2780 voice  617-353-6260 fax

guido@rwthinf.UUCP (Guido Bunsen) (04/08/90)

lobo@tub.UUCP (Alexander Lobodzinski) writes:

>After that, everything compiled file - and everything gets SIGSEGV
>somewhere in the Xt lib.  I'll try again the next days...

I had the same Problem. I think there is a SIGSEGV whenever bcopy is
called with a number of bytes of zero (bcopy(x,y,0)).

After adding some code like

	if (size != 0 ) bcopy(from,to,size)

where applicable I got the most important Clients working.

===

Guido Bunsen, Rechnerbetrieb Informatik, Technical University of Aachen

guido@informatik.rwth-aachen.de

--

Guido Bunsen, Rechnerbetrieb Informatik, RWTH Aachen, Tel: +49/241/80-4518

jgd@acl.lanl.gov (Jerry G. Delapp) (04/09/90)

There is a bug with bcopy where the byte count is zero. It even made
it into the first few releases on the Celerity 6000 (aka the FPS 500).

It was finally fixed in release 4.0.? of FPX. On 1200 systems, you
definitely need to set up a macro to replace bcopy with an if
statement that only executes bcopy when the byte count is non-zero.
--

Jerry DeLapp <jgd@acl.lanl.gov>
Computing beyond the Bleeding Edge -- The Advanced Computing Laboratory