[comp.os.xinu] Mt Xinu VS Xinus

jk0@image.soe.clarkson.edu (Jason Coughlin) (01/12/90)

Excuse my confusion, but can someone explain Mt. Xinu VS Xinu?  I know
Mt. Xinu is a full blown implementation of Unix (we have it running on one
of our VAXes), and Xinu is Comer's teaching OS (i have both volumes of
the books).  But, is Mt. Xinu by Comer, built on top of Xinu?

Respond via email if this too much chatter.  :-)

Thanks!

--
Jason Coughlin ( jk0@sun.soe.clarkson.edu , jk0@clutx )
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the

jrm@stegosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu (John R. Mudd) (01/12/90)

In article <1990Jan11.163830.28936@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> jk0@image.soe.clarkson.edu (Jason Coughlin) writes:
>Excuse my confusion, but can someone explain Mt. Xinu VS Xinu?  I know
>Mt. Xinu is a full blown implementation of Unix (we have it running on one
>of our VAXes), and Xinu is Comer's teaching OS (i have both volumes of
>the books).  But, is Mt. Xinu by Comer, built on top of Xinu?

Xinu is the OS written by Comer.  This is the newgroup devoted to it.

Mt. Xinu, or mt. xinu depending on your tastes, is a company out in Berkeley
that, among other things, that sells software, like Mach, 4.3tahoe, etc.

... John

  John R. Mudd                                        jrm@cis.ohio-state.edu
  Department of Computer and Information Science,  The Ohio State University
  2036 Neil Avenue, Columbus, Ohio, USA   43210-1277