[comp.os.xinu] Where can I get xinu sources?

danc@procom.uucp (Daniel Cossack) (06/10/91)

Does anyone know where I can and what it takes to get any xinu sources
for an IBM AT?  Please E-Mail.

---
  Daniel Cossack
  Procom Technology, Inc.                 uucp : ...uunet!procom!danc
  200 McCormick                          Phone : (714) 549-9449
  Costa Mesa, CA 92626                    FAX  : (714) 641-9809

kendall@coyote.datalog.com (kendall miller) (06/16/91)

>Does anyone know where I can and what it takes to get any xinu sources
>for an IBM AT?  Please E-Mail.

I tried to E-Mail you this, but my attempts failed.

The Xinu sources can be obtained from the following companies:

The Austin Code Works	512-258-0785

			Title					Price

	PC-XINU (Comer's XINU operating system for PC)		$35.00

Prentice Hall 		201-767-5054

Title Code		Title			Edition		Price

638270		Sftwr-Operatg Systm Dsgn	   1		$64.20

Kendall Miller             kendall@datalog.com            602-797-8660

afsipmh@cid.aes.doe.CA (Patrick Hertel) (06/18/91)

In article <4BmL41w163w@coyote.datalog.com> kendall@coyote.datalog.com (kendall miller) writes:
>>Does anyone know where I can and what it takes to get any xinu sources
>>for an IBM AT?  Please E-Mail.
>
>I tried to E-Mail you this, but my attempts failed.
>
>The Xinu sources can be obtained from the following companies:
>

>The Austin Code Works	512-258-0785
>
>			Title					Price
>
>	PC-XINU (Comer's XINU operating system for PC)		$35.00
>

>Prentice Hall 		201-767-5054
>
>Title Code		Title			Edition		Price
>
>638270		Sftwr-Operatg Systm Dsgn	   1		$64.20
>

>Kendall Miller             kendall@datalog.com            602-797-8660

 Here is what I got to a similar enquiry:

Date  _____________________

		  ***** PC-XINU ORDER FORM *****

Please send the items checked below.  I am enclosing a check or
money order (U.S. funds only) made payable to UW-Parkside.
(UW-Parkside will prepay first class shipping and handling charges.)

______  PC-XINU (disks & documentation)		$100.00

______  OPTIONAL - Next Day Air U.S. delivery	 $10.00
	(required for first class shipping of foreign orders)

NAME     __________________________________________________________

DEPT.    __________________________________________________________

ADDRESS  __________________________________________________________

ADDRESS  __________________________________________________________

CITY  ___________________________  STATE  _______  ZIP  ___________

COUNTRY  __________________________________________________________

E-MAIL   __________________________________________________________

TELEPHONE__________________________________________________________

Enclose this form with your check or money order only and mail to:

        PC-Xinu Distribution
        Applied Computer Science Dept.
        University of Wisconsin-Parkside
        Wood Road, Box No. 2000
        Kenosha, WI 53141-2000
	USA
From fossum%scylla@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu Mon Jan 14 14:44:21 1991
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 91 08:45:44 CST
From: fossum%scylla@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu (Timothy Fossum)
To: afsipmh@cmc.aes.doe.CA
Subject: Re:  PC-Xinu Net

PC-Xinu net had all the code from both Volumes I and II of "Operating System
Design" by Comer.  It compiles with version 2.0 of Turbo C (I haven't tried
it with Turbo C++) and TASM, and uses the Borland MAKE utility.  An order
form is attached.

      Thank you for your interest in the networking version of PC-Xinu.
      A complete description of PC-Xinu Net is in the book "Operating
      System Design, Vol. II, Internetworking with Xinu" by Douglas E.
      Comer, published by Prentice-Hall.

      PC-Xinu Net compiles with the Turbo C version 2.0 compiler, using
      the large memory model.  To receive the PC-Xinu networking distri-
      bution disks, please detach and return the following order form
      with your payment.

      Date  _____________________

		  ***** PC-XINU NETWORKING ORDER FORM *****

      ______  PC-XINU NET (5 high-density 5-1/4" disks)         $150.00

		      Total:                                    $______

      NAME     __________________________________________________________

      DEPT.    __________________________________________________________

      ADDRESS  __________________________________________________________

      ADDRESS  __________________________________________________________

      CITY     ___________________________  STATE _______  ZIP___________

      COUNTRY  __________________________________________________________

      E-MAIL   __________________________________________________________

      TELEPHONE__________________________________________________________

      Enclose this form with your check or money order only and mail
      to:

	      PC-Xinu Net Distribution
	      Applied Computer Science Dept.
	      University of Wisconsin-Parkside
	      Wood Road, Box 2000
	      Kenosha, WI 53141-2000
	      USA

Pat Hertel                 Canadian Meteorological Centre
Analyst/Programmer         2121 N. Service Rd.
phertel@cmc.aes.doe.ca     Dorval,Quebec
Environment Canada         CANADA           H9P1J3

thomp@netcom.COM (Thom Phillabaum) (06/27/91)

I'm wondering if the macintosh version (or any version) of Xinu is
available for FTP anywhere on the net?  I've typed in a good portion and
have a reasonable version running, but I still have loads left to do
and my fingers can't stand the typing.