[comp.sys.dec.micro] Mail to Jim O'Brien on Bitnet

iav1917@ritcv.UUCP (alan i. vymetalik) (01/11/88)

>From somewhere!OBRIEN%OBRIEN@VENUS.YCC.YALE.EDU Sat Jan  9 22:55:57 1988
>Date: Sat, 9 Jan 88 12:30 EST
>
>Alan:
>	What is RBDEMO3, mentioned in your last posting to info-dec-micro?
>I've been trying to keep abreast of developments and pd software available
>for the Rainbow, particularly as regards Turbo Pascal, my main language
>tool.  I'd appreciate hearing from you, especially if there is some source
>of code that I'm not aware of.  Thanks in advance.
>
>				Jim O'Brien
>Return Addresses (both equivalent):
>			OBRIEN@YALEVMS				BITnet
>			OBRIEN@VENUS.YCC.YALE.EDU		internet

--- This e-mail wouldn't make it through Bitnet static barrier.  Apologies
    to all. ---
To: OBRIEN%OBRIEN@VENUS.YCC.YALE.EDU
Subject: Re:  Posting to info-dec-micro

Jim,
   I hope you get this.  Otherwise, I'll have to e-mail you the demo
or something.  I think only short messages get into the BITNET side of
the world.  I posted a uuencoded copy of a Turbo 4.0 version of a set
of demo procedures for doing high-speed video and keyboard scanning
with a variety of useful functions such as getting the current screen
width, x-y cursor position, doing screen saves/restores, etc.
   If you didn't see anything like that fly by, send me a disk with
a SASE and I'll send it and anythign I can fit on the disk such as
the MS-DOS Graphics Library routines from DEC, graphics demos, or
anything you can think of.  The net is so unpredictable at times.
   Alan

   Alan I. Vymetalik
   Prism Software Designs
   44 Arborwood Crescent
   Rochester, New York, 14615-3807
   1-716-458-4932

jlu@mrevox.UUCP (01/14/88)

 >>From somewhere!OBRIEN%OBRIEN@VENUS.YCC.YALE.EDU Sat Jan  9 22:55:57 1988
 >>Date: Sat, 9 Jan 88 12:30 EST
 >>
 >>Alan:
 >>	What is RBDEMO3, mentioned in your last posting to info-dec-micro?
 >>I've been trying to keep abreast of developments and pd software available
 >>for the Rainbow, particularly as regards Turbo Pascal, my main language
 >>tool.  I'd appreciate hearing from you, especially if there is some source
 >>of code that I'm not aware of.  Thanks in advance.
 >>
 >>				Jim O'Brien
 >>Return Addresses (both equivalent):
 >>			OBRIEN@YALEVMS				BITnet
 >>			OBRIEN@VENUS.YCC.YALE.EDU		internet
 >>

 >--- This e-mail wouldn't make it through Bitnet static barrier.  Apologies
 >    to all. ---
 >To: OBRIEN%OBRIEN@VENUS.YCC.YALE.EDU
 >Subject: Re:  Posting to info-dec-micro
 >
 >Jim,
 >   I hope you get this.  Otherwise, I'll have to e-mail you the demo
 >or something.  I think only short messages get into the BITNET side of
 >the world.  I posted a uuencoded copy of a Turbo 4.0 version of a set
 >of demo procedures for doing high-speed video and keyboard scanning
 >with a variety of useful functions such as getting the current screen
 >width, x-y cursor position, doing screen saves/restores, etc.
 >   If you didn't see anything like that fly by, send me a disk with
 >a SASE and I'll send it and anythign I can fit on the disk such as
 >the MS-DOS Graphics Library routines from DEC, graphics demos, or
 >anything you can think of.  The net is so unpredictable at times.
 >   Alan
 >
 >   Alan I. Vymetalik
 >   Prism Software Designs
 >   44 Arborwood Crescent
 >   Rochester, New York, 14615-3807
 >   1-716-458-4932

Alan,

I would also like to see the the examples of code for Turbo 4.0.  I really
don't have time to fool around with it.  I didn't see it on the net, so
could you either repost or send it to me?

Thanks,

Jeff
{rutgers | bellcore}..!mrevox!jlu       UUCP
jurlwin@colgateu    BITNET

Did you get the pin assignments for the Dual Monitor?  How did it work?