[comp.sys.dec.micro] SENDGATE and Other Stuff for the Rainbow

iav1917@ritcv.UUCP (alan i. vymetalik) (04/16/88)

In article <Added.YWNB7dy00Ui3M6iU8F@andrew.cmu.edu> PFH@CUTHRY.BITNET writes:
>I don't know if any of this is available or not, but here are some of
>my shareware wishes:
>
>1)  tek4010 emulation for KERMIT.  IBM PC's have it, why can't we?
>        Short of that, something that will plot a file full of tek4010
>        commands (ie something that would plot a terminal session log
>        file).  The second is fairly easy if one knew how to get to
>        the silly graphics board.

   I have heard that someone is working on it.  Fauske and Associates
   makes a good TEK4010 emulator.  I don't have a phone # handy.

>2)  An inverse to RDCPM -- something that will write a file to a CPM
>        format disk (for those of us who have useful programs in CPM
>        but not converted to MSDOS)

   The public domain program DOSFLX which runs under CP/M does this
   beautifully!

>3)  A set of graphics primitives for TURBO PASCAL.

   Try Kenneth Nist's GRAPHICS package for the DEC Rainbow under
   MS-DOS and Turbo Pascal.

   Or, wait a little bit for my package which is being optimized
   for Turbo Pascal V4.0.

>4)  A version of MDRIVE like the CPM MDRIVE that one can enable and
>        disable without re-booting ( I only have 256K so some applications
>        require all the ram I have )

   Use SETRAM, a public domain RAM disk program which allows 8K to 800K
   RAM disks which are configurable on the fly without having to reboot.
   Install the call in the CONFIG.SYS file: DEVICE=SETRAM.SYS and then
   type A>SETRAM F 100 for a 100K RAM disk or A>SETRAM F to clear it!

   So, the big question.  Where can I get this stuff?  Well, if I get
   enough response (more than 2), I'll post SETRAM and the other stuff
   sometime soon.  Or, call 1-315-589-7361 (300/1200/2400 baud).
   You'll be connected to one of the world's largest DEC RAINBOW FIDO
   BBSs!  67MB of disk storage ON-LINE! (We'll not all of it is used).
   Tell the Sysop, Fritz, I said hello.

>                                Paul Hsieh
>                                39 Pupin Lab, Columbia Univ, NYC 10025
>                                pfh@cuthry.bitnet
>                                pfh%cuthry.decnet@cucond.columbia.edu

   All e-mails to:   {allegra | seismo}!rochester!ritcv!iav1917
   All flames to:    !lostnode!hades!flmbckt
   Alan I. Vymetalik       | Standard Disclaimer:  The above statements
   Prism Software Designs  | and opinions belong to the author.  Any
   44 Arborwood Crescent   | resemblence to statements found in actual
   Rochester, New York     | reality is simply coincidence.  And, as
   14615-3807              | always, the above opinions have absolutely
   (716)-458-4932 (8-10pm) | nothing to do with the little, fat man
   (leave message)         | putting $100 bills in my pocket.