[comp.sys.dec.micro] ReadMac for Rainbows?

dte@cci632.UUCP (David Emlen) (08/30/88)

Does anybody have a non-basic ReadMac program for the Rainbow that
displays those Mac pictures that are floating around all over the
place?

If not, can anybody send me a description of the format of these pictures
so I can write my own program?  (Maybe I should post this in a different
newsgroup?)

Thanks!

---
Name:  David T. Emlen (The KinKs Kultist)                        /\
UUCP:  ...!rochester!cci632!dte                                 /  \
Quote: "If you use a dream to change your mind/                /    \
        Then imagination's real" -- Dave Davies               --------
Disclaimer: Standard.                                      SILENCE=DEATH

iav1917@ritcv.UUCP (alan i. vymetalik) (08/31/88)

In article <17919@cci632.UUCP> dte@ccird1.UUCP (David Emlen) writes:
>Does anybody have a non-basic ReadMac program for the Rainbow that
>displays those Mac pictures that are floating around all over the
>place?
>
>If not, can anybody send me a description of the format of these pictures
>so I can write my own program?  (Maybe I should post this in a different
>newsgroup?)
>
>Thanks!
>
>Name:  David T. Emlen (The KinKs Kultist)

   Well, David, I have a GW-Basic program (25-odd lines of code) which
   does a palette set-up and BLOAD to display a series of captured MAC
   screens and display them on the Rainbow.  I have maybe 18 pictures
   from a MAC that can be displayed.  However, I do not know how the files
   were saved from the MAC so that they can be loaded on the Rainbow.  Maybe
   someone who has the time to investigate this can figure it out (I haven't
   had the time).  This program, by the way doesn't seem to display the
   IBM PC ReadMac files that I saw several months ago on a BBS here
   in the Rochester area.

   So, as soon as I get my system disk rebuilt with Suitable Solution's
   new version of MS-DOS 3.10, I'll upload the file.

   Does anyone know about any special requirements or regulations about
   posting to this newsgroup?  I started posting items to the net through
   this newsgroup in the past and I don't think a lot of people saw them.
   Several times I even got a returned copy of my posted encoded .ARC files.
   It seemed to be bouncing off some automatic file/message handler some
   where.  So, if anyone knows the answers, give me a buzz or send me an
   e-mail.  There hasn't been anyone complaining after I stopped posting
   the archives so I figure no one is getting them.

   Thanks,
   Alan