[comp.sys.dec.micro] SEDT going over net

rl1b+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU ("Robert A. Locke") (09/10/88)

Please, please, please do not send SEDT over the net unless you want
to take the time to break it into a bunch of little pieces.  I spent
last night downloading the most recent version from the bboard that
Anker puts it on.  It is version 3.3 (233).  I haven't checked it yet
to make sure that it is a clean download but will have it uploaded
by the end of this weekend.  This means that I will have it
available for anonymous ftp or you may send me mail to request it.  I
have the version that works on IBM-PCs and the Rainbow.  It will not
work under OS/2 or Windows.  There are special versions for that.
But please, since it is over 350K with documentation, do not send it
broadly over the net.

Thank you.

--Rob Locke
  List Maintainer
-------
Arpanet: rl1b+@andrew.cmu.edu
Bitnet : RALII@DRYCAS
Fidonet: Rob Locke (1:129/15)
USNail : 5419 Normlee Place
         Pittsburgh, PA  15217
         USA

ERIK@MAX.ACS.WASHINGTON.EDU ("Erik A. Abers") (09/14/88)

> Date: Sat, 10 Sep 88 11:31:49 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Robert A. Locke" <rl1b+@andrew.cmu.EDU>
> Subject: SEDT going over net
> To: Info-DEC-Micro <info-dec-micro+@andrew.cmu.EDU>
>
> Please, please, please do not send SEDT over the net unless you want
> to take the time to break it into a bunch of little pieces.  I spent
> last night downloading the most recent version from the bboard that
> Anker puts it on.  It is version 3.3 (233).  I haven't checked it yet
> to make sure that it is a clean download but will have it uploaded
> by the end of this weekend.  This means that I will have it
> available for anonymous ftp or you may send me mail to request it.  I
> have the version that works on IBM-PCs and the Rainbow.  It will not
> work under OS/2 or Windows.  There are special versions for that.
> But please, since it is over 350K with documentation, do not send it
> broadly over the net.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --Rob Locke
>   List Maintainer

I now have SEDT V3.3(234) dated 19-Aug-88; just snagged it from Glacier
Peak Rainbow (a local BBS).  I will NOT send it directly to the list,
as per the request of Rob Locke (our list maintainer).  However, I will
try to fill individual requests mailed DIRECTLY TO ME.  I just hope that
all request addresses are reachable from my end!  Rob, just exactly how
many requests do I need before justifying sending it to the list?

The program (and required files) are in one archive; the quite extensive
documentation is in another archive; each archive is just over 100k bytes.
If your node is on BITNET, I should be able to SEND you the archives in
one piece.  If your node is not on BITNET, I will have to break up each
of the two uuencoded archives into 4 or 5 long MAIL messages.  Since the
BITNET procedure is so much simpler (for both of us), try to give me an
address on BITNET if possible!

There are drivers to make this editor run on machines other than the
Rainbow (e.g. IBM PC, XT, AT, Convertible, Laptop, etc).  Let me know if
you want any of these as well.

- Erik

P.S.  I will wait a while to see how many requests I receive and which
drivers are desired before sending out the package.

-- Erik A. Abers                                 -- 501 North 36th Street; #167
-- University of Washington                      -- Seattle, WA 98103-8613; USA

-> Address #1:  Erik@Max.ACS.Washington.Edu      -> Alternates:  Substitute
-> Address #2:  Erik@Blake.ACS.Washington.Edu       "8250480" for "Erik" in
-> Address #3:  Erik@UWaCDC.ACS.Washington.Edu      these addresses.
-> Address #4:  EA@Fricaba.CS.Washington.Edu     -> Telephone:  (206) 632-2775