[comp.sys.dec.micro] PKZIP/PKUNZIP v1.0 to Run on Rainbows

GTHEALL@PENNDRLS.UPENN.EDU (George A. Theall) (06/14/89)

  Hey, all. Looks like at least one software developer is still
supporting DEC Rainbows. Phil Katz, author of PKARC/PKXARC and similar
file compression utilities, has recently said his new PKZIP/PKUNZIP
utilities will run on our machines. Here's what he recently said
about v1.0 of PKZIP/PKUNZIP, due out later this month or in July.

>Date: 06-09-89 (05:20)       PKWARE Number: 2251
>From: PHIL KATZ                       Read: NO
>
>Firstly, PKZIP and PKUNZIP are completely MS-DOS generic.  They will
>work on DEC Rainbows, Epsons, or any other computer that runs MS-DOS,
>even if they are not IBM PC compatible.

[...]

>>Phil>

BTW: Phil claims PKZIP v1.0 will generate smaller files than LHARC, that
new Japanese import, ***and*** be faster too! Well, this Rainbow owner
will definitely be sending in his money/registration to PKWare in the
next few weeks!

George

|   GTHEALL@PENNDRLS           (BITNET)    |   Dept. of Economics      |
|   GTHEALL@PENNDRLS.UPENN.EDU (INTERNET)  |   Univ. of Pennsylvania   |
|                                          |   3718 Locust Walk /6297  |
|   (215) 898-6741             (AT+TNet)   |   Philadelphia, PA. 19104 |