[comp.sys.dec.micro] RAINBOW VIRUS SUSCEPTABIL Conf:

GTHEALL@PENNDRLS.UPENN.EDU (George A. Theall) (10/04/89)

Comments: Rainbow Echomail from BILL HLIWA

Does anyone know if any of the DOS related virus' reported over the last coupl
of years can wreak havoc on Rainbows?  Or are the differences from the IBM
environment sufficient to thwart such attacks?

--- Sirius 1.0q+
* Origin: * Med TechNet * , Buffalo, NY 716/897-0504 (1:260/10)
--- Via PCBGate v2.0a5

---
BITNET: GTHEALL@PennDRLS               Dept. of Economics
Internet: GTHEALL@PennDRLS.UPenn.Edu   University of Pennsylvania
AT+TNet: 215-898-3419                  Philadelphia, PA   19104-3987

GTHEALL@PENNDRLS.UPENN.EDU (George A. Theall) (10/07/89)

Comments: Rainbow Echomail from FRANK MALLORY    Read: YES

BH> Does anyone know if any of the DOS related virus' reported over the
BH> last couple of years can wreak havoc on Rainbows?  Or are the
BH> differences from the IBM environment sufficient to thwart such attacks?

The Rainbow is not immune.  I had one that attached to DOS 3.10 on one of
my 'bows.   Caused a lot of trouble on my hard drive.

--- msged 1.99L MSC
* Origin: Silver Bullet - Silver Spring, Maryland - 301-622-2247 (1:109/123)
--- Via PCBGate v2.0a5