[comp.sys.dec.micro] ALTERNATE CHARACTERS Conf:

GTHEALL@PENNDRLS.UPENN.EDU (George A. Theall) (10/07/89)

Comments: Rainbow Echomail from ED RIDPATH    Read: YES

> GT> me to change the first part of that line -  "~ EZ-Reader 1.21 ~".
>
>They show up on my Rainbow as solid blocks, also.  Are you saying that

>they really ARE solid blocks, not some high-order ASCII character being

>displayed as a solid block?

They really are solid *BM blocks, but the msged/VDEC combo converts them
to the appropriate *BM style character on the Rainbow screen.

Ed

--- msged 1.99S ZTC
* Origin: Keep It Simple: Ed's Point  (1:360/8.101)
--- Via PCBGate v2.0a5

GTHEALL@PENNDRLS.UPENN.EDU (George A. Theall) (10/07/89)

Comments: Rainbow Echomail from FRANK MALLORY    Read: YES

Hi, Ed.  I'm more interested in using OOPS with DOS 3.10b than I am in that
editor line.  I have found that I now need to run under Code Blue with -vi
selected (i.e., VFOS with IBM characters).  Have you looked into it yet?

---
* Origin: Silver Bullet - Silver Spring, Maryland - 301-622-2247 (Opus 1:109/1
--- Via PCBGate v2.0a5

GTHEALL@PENNDRLS.UPENN.EDU (George A. Theall) (10/09/89)

Comments: Rainbow Echomail from ED RIDPATH    Read: YES

>Hi, Ed.  I'm more interested in using OOPS with DOS 3.10b than I am in
>that editor line.  I have found that I now need to run under Code Blue

>with -vi selected (i.e., VFOS with IBM characters).  Have you looked into

>it yet?

I haven't upgraded to 3.10b yet, so I haven't looked at that.

OOPS does not use the Vfossil for output, it uses the Fossil, which does
no translation of character sets.  I'm not sure what has changed that broke
OOPS, but it should run without Code Blue.

Ed

--- msged 1.99S ZTC
* Origin: Keep It Simple: Ed's Point  (1:360/8.101)
--- Via PCBGate v2.0a5

GTHEALL@PENNDRLS.UPENN.EDU (George A. Theall) (10/10/89)

Comments: Rainbow Echomail from VAN VANHORN    Read: YES

>  >    "~ EZ-Reader 1.21~"
I would like to know what kind of Rainbow they show up on as solid blocks.
Both the A that I am reading this message with now, and the
+ that the BBS runs on (I sometimes read messages from the console)
show is as <QUOTE><TILDE><SPACE>EZ-Reader etc.

+vanhorn+

---
* Origin: Horsefeathers + Burn a flag for freedom! + (Opus 1:343/30)
--- Via PCBGate v2.0a5

GTHEALL@PENNDRLS.UPENN.EDU (George A. Theall) (10/10/89)

Comments: Rainbow Echomail from FRANK MALLORY    Read: YES

ER> OOPS does not use the Vfossil for output, it uses the Fossil, which
ER> does no translation of character sets.  I'm not sure what has changed

ER> that broke OOPS, but it should run without Code Blue.

Opus is not running very well at all under 3.10b - quite a few random stoppage
some with "interrupts off".  I think I will be going back to 3.10.016.

Anybody else have any experience running Opus under SS 3.10 or 3.10b?

--- msged 1.99L MSC
* Origin: Silver Bullet - Silver Spring, Maryland - 301-622-2247 (1:109/123)
--- Via PCBGate v2.0a5