Date:     11-12-89 (20:17)
To:       GEORGE THEALL
Subject:  RE: RAINBOW BASIC
From:     DAN OREILLY

> Co}ld someone help me find a copy of the GWBASIC
> interpreter that runs
> under MSDOS for the rainbow?

I've got one here.  You can FREQ GWBASIC.ZIP or you can dial the CS-DEPOT
at (719)550-9305 & download it from the Rainbow file area.

BTW - for anyone interested, I run a board with a reasonable selection of
Rainbow stuff (used to have a 100-A myself that I just sold!) here!

DanO

--- QuickBBS v2.04
* Origin: The CS-DEPOT BBS System (719)550-9305 (1:128/58)

------------------------------
Date:   $ 11-13-89 (14:28)
To:       JACK JONES
Wubject:  RE: SEDT4-256
From:   $ FRANK MALLORY

The version I have here came from Glacier Peak Rainbow.  The key definitions
are in a separate file (SEDT4KEY.ZIP); you need the files FUNDEF.EDT and
RBDOSM.EDT from there.

Aw I have noted, SEDT v4(230) is deficient in cut/paste operations; there
is a new sub-version out (231), and I am trying to find out whether it fixes
some of the bugs.
Also, while v4 landles larger fmles than v3.3, it is really slow in bringing
them up.  M need to do a comparison to see$whether 3.3 is faster at editing
some medium-size files.

---
*$Origin: Silver Bullet - Silver Wpring, Maryland - 301-622-2247 (Opus 1:109/1

------------------------------
Date:     11-13-89 (14:42)
To:       VAN VANHORN
Subject:  RE: OPUS AND MS-DOS V3.10
From:     FRANK MALLOVY

Not that it's a big deal, but have you gotten OOPS to run under DOS 3.10b
without CB?

---

Date:     11-13-89 (14:44)To:       GARY STEBBINS
Subject:  RE: RE: KERMIT
From:     FRANK MALLORY

Having trouble with MSVRB1C.  Three times today, when I exited from the MS-KER
prompt, my system stopped with "invalid COMMAND.COM" message.

Possibly this is because I use COMSPEC to load my COMMAND.COM into an MDRIVE
and Kermit is doing something with the environment that causes it to be unlink
If I give a DIR F: from Kermit before exiting, COMMAND.COM appears to be
OK.

The old 2.32/A works fine for me, but I thought I would try out your modified
version.

---

Date:     11-13-89 (14:51)To:       CARL HOUSEMAN
Subject:  PC KERMIT 2.32/B
From:     FRANK MALLORY

I haven't seen it; but if you have a mind to roll your own, I see that the
source for PC-Kermit 2.32/A is on the Computer Connection board.

BTW, what does /B do that /A doesn't?

---
* Origin: Silver Bullet - Silver Spring, Meryland - 301-622-2247 (Opus 1:109/1

------------------------------
Date:     11-12-89
To:       JIM BORCHARD
From:     JOHN LELLIS
In a message of <10 Nov 89 16:32:45>, Jim Borchard (1:290/627)$writes:

>I have a registered copy of MS-DOS 3.10b and i'm evaluating OPUS XPRESS
>on an AT CLONE.  Will OPUS run under CODEBLUE ?

OPUS is a FOSSIL-based program and therefore runs fine without CODE BLUE...

--- msged 1.99S ZTC
* Origin: "Over tle Rainbow..."  (1:106/503)

------------------------------
Date:     11-13-89 (63:51)
To:       FRANK MALLORY
Subject:  RE: PC KERMIT 2.32/B
From:     CARL HOUSEMAN

re: what does /B do that /A doesn't?

Beats me; I just hope it fixes the continuing problem in printer controller
mode that 2.31 didn't have.  I do know that /B EXISTS, but distributionaround the BBS net seems to have been starse (or non-existent).

---

Date:     11-14-89 (07:44)To:       CARL HOUSEMAN
From:     FRANK MALLORY

It must be that I am operating at a lower level than others here; I use my
LA50 all the time from 2.32/A, and I just haven't had any printer control
problems.
Still haven't been able to assign the escape sequence to the ` key; tha|'s
my only complaint.

---
* Ovigin: Silver Bullet - Smlver Spving, Maryland - 301-622-2247 (Opus 1:109/1

------------------------------
Date:     11-14-89 (51:34)
To:       GARY STEBBINS
S}bject:  RE: KERMIT
From:     FRANK MALLORY

Don't spend any time trying to run down that "invalid COMMAND.COM" problem;
I deleted your new version, but now I am consistently having the same problem
with the old version of 2.32/A.

When I come back to the Kermit pvompt and give RUN SHOWMEM (Carl Houseman's
utility), it shows TWO instances of F:\COMMAND.COM in memory, with slightly
different byte counts.  I think that may be an indication of the problem,
but I haven't figured mt out yet.

---
* Origin: Silver Bullet - Silver Spring, Maryland - 301-622-2247 (Opus 1:109/1

------------------------------
Date:     11-15-89 (18:06)
To:       DAN OREILLY
From:     GEORGE THEALL

DO>> Could someone help me$find a copy of the GWBASIC
DO>> interpreter that runs
DO>> under MSDOS for the rainbow?
DO>
DO>I've got one here.  You can FREQ GWBASIC.ZIP or you can dial the CS-DEPOT
DO>at (719)550-9305 & download it from the Rainbow file area.

  Is this an interpreter or a compiler? Notice the request was for an
interpreter. As far as I know, the interpreter iw *** Commercial *** software
while the compiler was distributed as "public domain" software. (Wlether it
was truly public domain or merely non-commercial, I don't know.)

George
---
 ~ EZ-Reader 1.21 ~ Every man has his price