[comp.sys.dec.micro] Kermit

rag@entropy.ms.washington.edu (David Ragozin) (12/07/87)

In article <8712052318.AA21542@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> GTHEALL@PENNDRLN.BITNET (George A. Theall) writes:

>2. The latest version of MSKermit for the Rainbow is v2.29,
>released in May 86.

There is now a development version 2.29C as a prelude to 2.30

>Send e-mail to KERMSRV@CUVMA on BITNET with the line HELP.

Or ftp to cu20b.columbia.edu and retrieve ker:mstrb.exe.
--
David Ragozin, Department of Mathematics, GN-50,
University of Washington, Seattle, WA. 98195. (206-543-1148)

ben@vmsa.technion.ac.il (Ben Pashkoff) (02/09/90)

I was using Kermit 2.29.1 for a long while since it is the only rainbow
compatible version that would do a nice vt220 emulation (if you've got all
those gray buttons, why not use 'em??)
Lately though, I found it was giving me problems when I connected to my VAX.
The screen would go all crazy and sometimes cause the Rbow to interrupt.
I checked the port (T option), it was fine to 9600 baud.
I checked my ini file, it was ok.
Finally I took a copy of Kermit 2.32A Rainbow, it works, no more Screen io
problems.

Any ideas? Or will it be best to wait for Kermit 3.0 for the Rainbow, which is
on the way?

|      Ben Pashkoff                 BEN@VMSA.TECHNION.AC.IL            |
|                                   BEN@TECHMAX.BITNET                 |
|                                   BEN@TECHUNIX.BITNET                |
|      VAX/VMS Systems                                                 |
|      Computer Center                                                 |
|      Technion IIT                 Phone:(972)-4-292177               |
|      Haifa, Israel 32000          FAX: (972)-4-221581                |
| "I think I must be a mushroom, since I am kept in the dark and fed   |
|                           'manure'."                                 |

Frank.Mallory@f123.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Frank Mallory) (02/10/90)

 BP> The screen would go all crazy and sometimes cause the Rbow to
 BP> interrupt.
 BP> I checked the port (T option), it was fine to 9600 baud.
 BP> I checked my ini file, it was ok.
 BP> Finally I took a copy of Kermit 2.32A Rainbow, it works, no more Screen
 BP> io
 BP> problems.

Both 2.29 and 2.32a work fine for me, altho occasionally when on the VAX it
still slips into graphics mode and needs to be reset.  2.32a has the advantage
that you can use 1000 byte packets to transfer files to/from VAX C-Kermit.

frank.mallory@blkcat.fidonet.org

--

	Frank Mallory at The Black Cat's Shack (Fidonet 1:109/401)
	Internet:  Frank.Mallory@f123.n109.z1.fidonet.org