[comp.sys.dec.micro] Kermit for Rainbow

GTHEALL@PENNDRLS.UPENN.EDU (George A. Theall) (08/05/90)

   The following announcement appeared in the latest Info-Kermit
Digest (3 August 1990).

              ----- snip, snip, snip -----
>Date: Thu Aug 2 13:01:34 1990-EDT
>From: Christine M. Gianone <cmg@watsun.cc.columbia.edu>
>Subject: New Test Release of DEC Rainbow Kermit
>
>From Robert Weiner, a new version of Kermit for the DEC Rainbow, based on
>the system-independent parts of the July 22nd MS-DOS Kermit 3.02 test release.
>The Rainbow version lacks many of the IBM-specific enhancements that appeared
>in MS-DOS Kermit 3.0, like international character sets, instantaneous screen
>rollback, etc, but these MAY be added before the final release of this
>program.  The system-independent features -- script programming enhancements,
>sliding windows, long packets, VT200/300 emulation (it's still at the VT102
>level), etc.
>
>Thanks to Rob for keeping the Rainbow up to date!  The files are in
>kermit/a/mstrb1.boo ("BOO" file to be un-boo'd into an .EXE file using any of
>the MSBPCT files) on the Internet or MSTRB1 BOO on BITNET KERMSRV at CUVMA.
>For internet binary-mode FTP access only, also kermit/bin/mstrb1.exe.
              ----- snip, snip, snip -----

    Doesn't look like there's any documentation specially for the
Rainbow - just the executable. If anyone's interested in testing
out this version and doesn't have easy access, let me know and
I can e-mail and/or post to a local (to me :-) bbs.

George

---
BITNET: GTHEALL@PennDRLS               Dept. of Economics
Internet: GTHEALL@PennDRLS.UPenn.Edu   University of Pennsylvania
AT+TNet: +1 215 898 3419               Philadelphia, PA   19104-3987