[comp.sys.dec.micro] Q-Bus SYSTEM, or micro

ben@vmsa.technion.ac.il (09/02/90)

In article <9008241207.AA25893@remote.dccs.upenn.edu>, GTHEALL@PENNDRLS.UPENN.ED
U (George A. Theall) writes:

>>The following Q-Bus equipment is RE-POSTED for sale.
>>          *** NOT RAINBOW COMPATIBLE.  DON'T ASK ***
>    If your stuff won't work on a Rainbow, then why do you
> persist in posting your ads to comp.sys.dec.micro? Might save
George,
The .MICRO does not necessarily mean rainbow. I agree that it may not be the
most appropriate place, but some people may claim that a Q-bus machine is a
micro. ?!?!?
|      Ben Pashkoff                 BEN@VMSA.TECHNION.AC.IL            |
|                                   BEN@TECHMAX.BITNET                 |
|                                   BEN@TECHUNIX.BITNET                |
|      VAX/VMS Systems                                                 |
|      Computer Center              Phone:(972)-4-292177 office        |
|      Technion IIT                       (972)-4-885569 home          |
|      Haifa, Israel 32000          FAX:  (972)-4-236212               |

mcculley@alien.enet.dec.com (09/20/90)

In article <1990Sep2.130223.1@vmsa.technion.ac.il>, ben@vmsa.technion.ac.il writes...
>In article <9008241207.AA25893@remote.dccs.upenn.edu>, GTHEALL@PENNDRLS.UPENN.ED
>U (George A. Theall) writes:
>>>The following Q-Bus equipment is RE-POSTED for sale.
>>>          *** NOT RAINBOW COMPATIBLE.  DON'T ASK ***
>>    If your stuff won't work on a Rainbow, then why do you
>> persist in posting your ads to comp.sys.dec.micro? Might save
>The .MICRO does not necessarily mean rainbow. I agree that it may not be the
>most appropriate place, but some people may claim that a Q-bus machine is a
>micro. ?!?!?

In fact, I think you'll find the names "microVAX" and "microPDP" are used to
label certain Q-bus systems.  Rainbow is not the only non-Q-bus DEC micro, how
about the DECmate and the Pro?

In fact, the only reason I bother reading this group is the non-Rainbow
content....

Bruce McCulley
Digital Equipment Corp.
Corporate Software Engineering