[comp.sys.dec.micro] Auto Start Rainbow 100A?

rrw@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Robert Wier) (11/19/90)

 OK, yet ANOTHER Rainbow question ...

 (The story thus far ... I'm bringing up a Rainbow 100 to
 log weather data every 15 minutes - got the program talking
 to the instruments (Turbo Pascal under CPM 86), and writing
 to the disk (WHY did they write the record length to the
 disk on every record, when the field was fixed? Seems redundant
 to me... not too mention hard to figure out when you want to
 read the data elsewhere... but that's another story).

 Since the primary interest is in getting readings when the
 weather is BAD (blizzard conditions, 50 mph winds in blowing
 snow, etc), it is likely that there may be power outages.  I'd
 like to have the Rainbow restart automatically whenever the power
 comes back on.  I've found patches to CPM to do this, but how
 do you get around the startup screen on the Rainbow? (Ie,
 Select drive A for start...). If necessary, I can reburn some
 PROMS if anyone knows what the patch is...

 MANY THANKS to everyone who has responded so far on my other
 questions.

 - Bob Wier

 -------------- insert favorite standard disclaimers here ----------
                      College of Engineering
         Northern Arizona University / Flagstaff, Arizona
  Internet: rrw@naucse.cse.nau.edu | BITNET: WIER@NAUVAX | WB5KXH
                or   uucp:  ...arizona!naucse!rrw

ccjason@aggie.ucdavis.edu (Jason Gabler) (11/20/90)

In article <2922@naucse.cse.nau.edu> rrw@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Robert Wier) writes:
> Since the primary interest is in getting readings when the
> weather is BAD (blizzard conditions, 50 mph winds in blowing
> snow, etc), it is likely that there may be power outages.  I'd
> like to have the Rainbow restart automatically whenever the power
> comes back on.  I've found patches to CPM to do this, but how
> do you get around the startup screen on the Rainbow? (Ie,
> Select drive A for start...). If necessary, I can reburn some
> PROMS if anyone knows what the patch is...

:)  You need a 100B mother board.  Bummer, sorry.