[comp.sys.dec.micro] Professional KERMIT

WNIMHACK%WSU.DECNET@MSUS1.BITNET ("Bruce R. Mitchell / WNIMHACK%WSU.DECNET@MSUS1.BITNET") (12/13/90)

Pro KERMIT is actually RSX Kermit; there are conditionals in the code
which make it recognize that it is running on a Professional rather
than a PDP-11.  The current version is T3.60 (with long packet support)
which is available free from the RSX bulletin board system at (612)
777-7664.  T3.60 works correctly on a Pro380 under P/OS 3.2 and under
RSX-11M-Plus V4 and higher - I'm using it now in terminal emulation
as a matter of fact.  There are no problems with moving files from
VMS to RSX using this version.

If you have T3.60, and still encounter problems, try SET ATTRIBUTE OFF
before transferring.  Many VMS Kermits do not recognize attribute packets.

chaim@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Chaim Dworkin) (12/14/90)

In article <EEA2C8251B9F20BD2B@MSUS1.MSUS.EDU> WNIMHACK%WSU.DECNET@MSUS1.BITNET ("Bruce R. Mitchell / WNIMHACK%WSU.DECNET@MSUS1.BITNET") writes:

>Pro KERMIT is actually RSX Kermit; there are conditionals in the code
>which make it recognize that it is running on a Professional rather
>than a PDP-11.  The current version is T3.60 (with long packet support)
>which is available free from the RSX bulletin board system at (612)
>777-7664.  T3.60 works correctly on a Pro380 under P/OS 3.2 and under

           <<<<remainder of post omitted>>>>

I use a Pro-380 and have P/OS 3.1 but the only comm software I have is
Pro/Comm.  What communications protocols does this RSX BBS support?
Does it support Pro-to-Pro file transfer protocol, which is the only
protocol other than ASCII that Pro/Comm has?

There is a version of Kermit available via ftp from Columbia which is
described as PDP-11 kermit but runs on a Professional also.  Do you
know if this is the same RSX kermit?

--
Chaim Dworkin                             (chaim@eniac.seas.upenn.edu)