[net.micro] Beware Perfect Writer Version 2

Boebert@HI-MULTICS (01/13/85)

My previous query about Mince/Scribble was prompted by a friend of mine
who thought he was getting a fancified Mince/Scribble by ordering
Perfect Writer.  Be advised:  there is now a Perfect Writer Version 2.
It does NOT run on CP/M, it does NOT run on Apple ][+'s, and it does NOT
resemble Mince/Scribble.  It is a MacWrite clonette for the //e and //c,
with pull-down menus and lots of clutz.  Thorn/EMI, the record company
who thinks they are in the software business, has dropped support and
distribution of the old CP/M Perfect Writer, or so my friend was
informed.  Sic Transit Mince?

cem@intelca.UUCP (Chuck McManis) (01/15/85)

As sort of a followup to this original message. The old version (1.0)
of Perfect Writer (as sold by Perfect Software Inc I believe) which
was a mince equivalent had an additional problem that is/was quite
annoying. It could not handle files > 64K. Mince goes a little
strange (ever been -1722% into a file) but can edit and save a file
>64K, perfect writer goes really strange and simply exits into the
pw menu and locks up the keyboard. Not nice at all. The people at
Mark of the Unicorn do seem to still be supporting Mince if only
for us diehard Emacs hackers who refuse to type ^w to go up a
line. They really push FinalWord, which for me is not quite as useful.
After all, when I am editing a source file What do I need a formatter
for?

--Chuck

--
                                            - - - D I S C L A I M E R - - -
{ihnp4,fortune}!dual\                     All opinions expressed herein are my

jimb@amd.UUCP (Jim Budler) (01/24/85)

In article <> Boebert@HI-MULTICS writes:
>					Thorn/EMI, the record company
>who thinks they are in the software business, has dropped support and
>distribution of the old CP/M Perfect Writer, or so my friend was
>informed.  Sic Transit Mince?

They not only dropped support, they pulled it back from OEM's who
were supporting it.
--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.