[comp.sys.dec.micro] VT220 Emulation

OS360171@WVNVAXA.WVNET.EDU (02/12/91)

Does anyone know if any VT220 emulation software has been created for the
Rainbow?

Thanks, Neil Roth

imp@Solbourne.COM (Warner Losh) (02/12/91)

In article <69D58AEC0020222B@WVNVMS.WVNET.EDU>
OS360171@WVNVAXA.WVNET.EDU writes:
>Does anyone know if any VT220 emulation software has been created for the
>Rainbow?

The Rainbow is fairly close to a VT220.  In some ways, that is.  The
keys already send the 220 escape sequences.  The one area where it is
weak is in the screen stuff.  There have been a couple of 220
emulators for the Rainbow.  Polygon software had a 220 emulator, but I
never used it.  There was a program called TC.PAS and TCII that
supposedly did Rainbow emulation, but I never used them enough to know
how well they did it.  TC had full sources, while TCII (derived from
TC) didn't.  TCII is available from drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu if you
want to give it a spin.

What I want to know is if anybod ever created a 220.sys driver for the
Rainbow (ala ANSI.SYS from the PC world).

Warner
--
Warner Losh		imp@Solbourne.COM
We sing about Beauty and we sing about Truth at $10,000 a show.

Technicians_CC@cc.curtin.edu.au (03/15/91)

			VT220 Terminal Emulation

	There has been talk recently in this newsgroup about VT220 emulation
software for the Rainbow and where to get in the USA. However where do you get
it when you live in Western Australia, could you please tell me.

			Thanks
                             Bruce Bown