[comp.sys.dec.micro] Pro 350 to unload

DDH104@psuvm.psu.edu (03/23/91)

I have a Pro 350 that doesn't boot.
I never had a problem with it, but one day it just decided not to
boot up.  If anyone has any suggestions as to why this
would happen, please let me know.
When I turn the power on, the drives power up, and it just sits there.
I believe it runs on os 2.0 (or something like that)
Thanks.
Drew Hershkowitz
DDH104@psuvm (BITNET)
ddh104@endor.cs.psu.edu

sjs@gnv.ifas.ufl.edu (03/26/91)

In article <91081.125141DDH104@psuvm.psu.edu>, DDH104@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
> I have a Pro 350 that doesn't boot.
> I never had a problem with it, but one day it just decided not to
> boot up.  If anyone has any suggestions as to why this
> would happen, please let me know.
> When I turn the power on, the drives power up, and it just sits there.
> I believe it runs on os 2.0 (or something like that)
> Thanks.

Open it up and reseat the cables and slide the cards out and in.  Also give
it a good cleaning.  If you never see anything on the monitor (no logo or
diagnostics appear), it's either a bad video card or motherboard part.  If you
can blindly select options and can tell that they are working properly, then
it's the video.