[comp.sys.dec.micro] The LK201, The Pro 350, and RT-11

Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com (William Thomas Daugustine) (03/22/91)

Is there anyway to have the entire LK201 keyboard active while running
RT-11? (the keys I mean are the top half of the arrow keypad, and
most of the F keys across the top). Unless this is just a local
effect, ignore this :-)

I would like to be able to use these keys, because I frequently dial
into our VAX at work, and the arrow keypad makes it so much easier
to edit things.

(for a while I was running P/OS 3.2, and using Kermit-11, but wanted
compactness and speed, so switched back again to RT-11. Seems I
switch OSs more often then anything else...)

Thanx

Billy D'Augustine
Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com

91742522@ucs.uwplatt.EDU (TWEETER AND THE MONKEY MAN) (03/22/91)

first off, be warned.  I just found this list, and its been some time since
I've used bitnet, so I'm a little rusty.

most important question, did this message get posted?  if not, please disregard
the remainder of this message ;)

second of all, I just received a pro-350, and p/os 1.7 (ancient, yes) and the
self diagnostic screen comes up (the graphic drawing of the computer with the
error number beside it) every once in a while telling me I have a software
problem.  it's happened too many times to ignore.  anyone with p/os 1.7 have
this problem?  (I doubt I would be so lucky that it is simply a software
problem, but better to ask before breaking it open).

murphy's law says its either a bad spot on the hard drive (which wouldnt be so
bad, its only 5 meg and I wanted a larger one) or a problem on the board, which
gives me something to poke around in over the summer.

Greg Bartels (need a trailer of some sort)

sjs@gnv.ifas.ufl.edu (03/26/91)

In article <A055633208BFA04255@ucs.uwplatt.edu>,
91742522@ucs.uwplatt.EDU (TWEETER AND THE MONKEY MAN) writes:
> second of all, I just received a pro-350, and p/os 1.7 (ancient, yes) and the
> self diagnostic screen comes up (the graphic drawing of the computer with the
> error number beside it) every once in a while telling me I have a software
> problem.  it's happened too many times to ignore.  anyone with p/os 1.7 have
> this problem?  (I doubt I would be so lucky that it is simply a software
> problem, but better to ask before breaking it open).

Are you sure it's a software problem?  If you post both of the error numbers,
I can look them up in my pocket service guide.  If it is an OS problem, just
reload the operating system (did you try booting from the diagnostics
floppy-based OS?).  If you don't have an OS to reload, email me, I have
v2.0.

P.S. to law-nerds:  DEC has released its PRO software as freeware (copy-
righted but freely distributable), including the OS and DEC-released
applications.