[comp.sys.dec.micro] munkad

mgb@macs.UUCP (Michael Branton) (04/11/91)

Help ! I'm trying to reach Vinzenz Esser, one of the authors of WUtil.
In the doc's to WUtil, his e-mail site is listed as munkad.dec.com .
Mail to this site gets bounced with an unkown host message. If I use
muncad instead, I (over a period of several weeks) get a host unavailable
message ( so apparently muncad exists, at least). The mailer sending these
messages to me is on decwrl, BTW. Does anybody know how to reach this guy via
e-mail ???
--

  -mgb

  ...{killer,allegra,decvax!ucf-cs,uflorida}!ki4pv!macs!mgb      : UUCP

                                                mgb@stetson	 : BITNET

slsw2@cc.usu.edu (04/15/91)

In article <00006C9@ki4pv.compu.com>, mgb@macs.UUCP (Michael Branton) writes:
> Help ! I'm trying to reach Vinzenz Esser, one of the authors of WUtil.
> In the doc's to WUtil, his e-mail site is listed as munkad.dec.com .
> Mail to this site gets bounced with an unkown host message. If I use
> muncad instead, I (over a period of several weeks) get a host unavailable
> message ( so apparently muncad exists, at least). The mailer sending these
> messages to me is on decwrl, BTW. Does anybody know how to reach this guy via
> e-mail ???

It's been my experience that DEC nodes tend to have an address of the form
node.enet.dec.com. Try using munkad.enet.dec.com.

Roger Ivie
slsw2@cc.usu.edu