[comp.sys.dec.micro] Rainbows and viruses?

rocker@bucsf.bu.edu (The Long Haired One) (06/12/91)

I was wondering if anyone has ever run across a Virus on the Rainbow and if
there are and if there are any checkers for them?

-Rocker
"Long live the Bow..."

slsw2@cc.usu.edu (06/13/91)

In article <ROCKER.91Jun12102832@bucsf.bu.edu>, rocker@bucsf.bu.edu (The Long Haired One) writes:

> I was wondering if anyone has ever run across a Virus on the Rainbow and if
> there are and if there are any checkers for them?

I sincerely doubt that there are any viruses on the Rainbow. It's such a
niche machine that it's probably not worth a virus writer's time to go through
all that trouble to annoy so few people.

Roger Ivie
slsw2@cc.usu.edu

rocker@bucsf.bu.edu (The Long Haired One) (06/13/91)

   From: slsw2@cc.usu.edu
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.dec.micro
   Date: 12 Jun 91 20:55:42 GMT

   In article <ROCKER.91Jun12102832@bucsf.bu.edu>, rocker@bucsf.bu.edu (The Long Haired One) writes:

   > I was wondering if anyone has ever run across a Virus on the Rainbow and if
   > there are and if there are any checkers for them?

   I sincerely doubt that there are any viruses on the Rainbow. It's such a
   niche machine that it's probably not worth a virus writer's time to go through
   all that trouble to annoy so few people.

   Roger Ivie
   slsw2@cc.usu.edu

Aren't you forgetting the possibility of generic MS-DOS viruses?

-Rocker

slsw2@cc.usu.edu (06/14/91)

In article <ROCKER.91Jun13004234@bucsf.bu.edu>, rocker@bucsf.bu.edu (The Long Haired One) writes:
> In article <1991Jun12.145542.48077@cc.usu.edu> slsw2@cc.usu.edu writes:
>    I sincerely doubt that there are any viruses on the Rainbow. It's such a
>    niche machine that it's probably not worth a virus writer's time to go through
>    all that trouble to annoy so few people.
>
> Aren't you forgetting the possibility of generic MS-DOS viruses?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! That's a good one!

Seriously, it's hard enough to find generic MS-DOS *software*, let alone
viruses!

Roger Ivie
slsw2@cc.usu.edu