[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] GNU Emacs and TeX

pm@mandrill.CWRU.Edu (Prabhaker Mateti) (10/18/87)

We just recently got two RTs running AIX.  Can some kind soul give us
(ptrs to) GNU Emacs, and TeX for these.  Emacs clearly has been ported
juding from the #ifdef's in the source.  We tried to re-build, but did
not succeed.

--
prabhaker mateti,   case western reserve university,  cleveland, oh 44106
{decvax,cbosgd,sun}!mandrill!pm     pm@mandrill.cwru.edu     (216) 368-2816

karl@haddock.ISC.COM (Karl Heuer) (10/21/87)

In article <2279@mandrill.CWRU.Edu> pm@mandrill.CWRU.Edu (Prabhaker Mateti) writes:
>We just recently got two RTs running AIX.  Can some kind soul give us
>(ptrs to) GNU Emacs, and TeX for these.  Emacs clearly has been ported
>juding from the #ifdef's in the source.  We tried to re-build, but did
>not succeed.

The #ifdef'd source probably refers to ACIS (BSD) rather than AIX (SysV).

A few months ago, I hacked Emacs to work under AIX.  I posted the results to
comp.emacs (to which you probably should have cross-posted your question).  If
you want the diffs, send me mail.  (If I get enough requests, I'll consider
posting them again.)