[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] NFS on the RT under 4.3 ?

tamir@CS.UCLA.EDU (05/16/88)

A couple of months ago there was a message in this newsgroup
indicating that people at MIT's Athena project have ported
NFS to the RT under 4.3.
Has anybody been able to get NFS from MIT ?
(I am trying to find the appropriate contact person there).

			   Yuval Tamir

Internet: tamir@cs.ucla.edu
    UUCP: ...!{ucbvax,rutgers}!ucla-cs!tamir

dyer@spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) (05/17/88)

I really have to apologize for dumping a comment like "we have it" on
the net and then not following up appropriately.  I ended up travelling
frequently during a leave from MIT, and didn't have a chance to speak
to the right people on distribution details.  Let me follow up with this
and get back to you here in a week or so with status.
--
Steve Dyer
dyer@harvard.harvard.edu

wesommer@athena.mit.edu (William Sommerfeld) (05/17/88)

In article <12275@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> tamir@CS.UCLA.EDU (Yuval Tamir) writes:
>A couple of months ago there was a message in this newsgroup
>indicating that people at MIT's Athena project have ported
>NFS to the RT under 4.3.

Yep, we have.

>Has anybody been able to get NFS from MIT ?

I have :-)

>(I am trying to find the appropriate contact person there).

Dan Geer <geer@athena.mit.edu>, manager of systems development.  I'm
not sure what we'll have to get from you before we can give it to you.

					- Bill