[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] Modula-2 compiler

aplusl@ethz.UUCP (Albert Meier) (07/04/88)

Does anyone know about the availability of the excellent Modula-2
compiler for the RT done by ETH. The last thing I've heard was that
Werner Heiz from ETH was hired by Vicky Markstein to finish the product
in USA. He didn't come back as far as I know. I s the product finished
and available?

Regards

    .....           Albert Meier        Tel.  +41/1/700 30 37
   .. ....          A+L AG, Im Spaeten 23, CH-8906 Bonstetten
  ..   ....
 .......A+L.        E-Mail          aplusl@ifi.ethz.(ch/UUCP)
..       .......                 ...mcvax!cernvax!ethz!aplusl

grogers@m.cs.uiuc.edu (07/06/88)

>/* Written  2:58 am  Jul  4, 1988 by aplusl@ethz.UUCP in m.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt */
>/* ---------- "Modula-2 compiler" ---------- */
>Does anyone know about the availability of the excellent Modula-2
>compiler for the RT done by ETH. The last thing I've heard was that
>Werner Heiz from ETH was hired by Vicky Markstein to finish the product
>in USA. He didn't come back as far as I know. I s the product finished
>and available?

I'd also like to know about this.

Greg Rogers
Department of Computer Science
1304 W. Springfield Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801

(217) 333-6174

	UUCP:	{pur-ee,convex,inhp4}!uiucdcs!grogers
	ARPA:	grogers@a.cs.uiuc.edu
	CSNET:	grogers%uiuc@csnet-relay

sauer@auschs.UUCP (Charlie Sauer) (07/22/88)

Vicky has been out of town, so I finally broke down and asked someone else
for the ordering info.  The title is "IBM AIX/RT Modula-2" and the PRPQ
number is P91025.  It was announced on May 6 and is in stock in the U.S.,
so I'm told.  I don't know status for other countries yet, but I've asked
for it and will post when I get it.
--
Charlie Sauer   IBM AES/ESD, D18/802     uucp: ut-sally!ut-emx!ibmaus!sauer
                11400 Burnet Road       csnet: ibmaus!sauer@EMX.UTEXAS.EDU

sauer@auschs.UUCP (Charlie Sauer) (07/23/88)

In article <61@auschs.UUCP>, sauer@auschs.UUCP (Charlie Sauer) writes:
>          ...  I don't know status for other countries yet, but I've asked
> for it and will post when I get it.

I was just told that the Modula-2 PRPQ P91025 (Program 5799-PGJ) was announced
6/23/88 for IBM EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa) countries and became available
there 7/15.
--
Charlie Sauer   IBM AES/ESD, D75/802     uucp: ut-sally!ut-emx!ibmaus!sauer