[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] looking for Sun/RT comparison

jsnyder@june.cs.washington.edu (John Snyder) (11/12/88)

Can anyone point me towards a good comparison of the RT and Sun 3?
I'm interested in articles, tech reports, old net discussions,
anything -- as long as its not generated by either Sun or IBM.

Thanks in advance.

jsnyder@june.cs.washington.edu              John R. Snyder
{decvax,ucbvax}!uw-beaver!jsnyder           Dept. of Philosophy, DK-50
                                            University of Washington
"Est aliquid prodisse tenus" -G.Bruno       Seattle, WA 98195

anand@amax.npac.syr.edu (Anand Rangachari) (11/12/88)

In article <6396@june.cs.washington.edu> jsnyder@june.cs.washington.edu (John Snyder) writes:
>Can anyone point me towards a good comparison of the RT and Sun 3?
>I'm interested in articles, tech reports, old net discussions,
>anything -- as long as its not generated by either Sun or IBM.

 You are in luck, The Unix Review magazine has been conducting
exhaustive tests on the RT and the Sun 3 (among others). I think the
May issue has a test of the RT. A quick glance at the charts reveals that
an RT with AFPA FPU comes out about even with a SUN 3/260 with a FPA
card.

                                                R. Anand
 Internet: anand@amax.npac.syr.edu
 Bitnet:   ranand@sunrise
#! rnews

ltaylor@io.UUCP (Laura Taylor) (11/15/88)

I would be happy to give you some "unofficial"
info about this near the end of November.  I am
currently doing benchmark performance tests on
the RT for Interleaf TPS and have access to
comparable tests on the Sun for comparision.

Laura