[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] XPS on the IBM PC/RT!!!!!

jonnyg@umd5.umd.edu (Jon Greenblatt) (12/10/88)

	I finaly got XPS (Crispin Goswell's postscript previewer) to work
successfuly on an IBM RT/PC. Sorry I do not have a context diff, I don't
have room to keep the originals.

	First of all use hc1.4 with the -O option. hc1.4 is included
on AOS R2 if you have AOS R1 use hc. You need to change the variable
"signed" in integer.c, I called it isigned. Make sure Malloc calls
malloc in save.c, do not use the small_buff. Finaly make the following change
to "mat.h":

Change:

	typedef struct vector {float vx, vy, vt;} Vector;

	typedef struct vector {float vx, vy, vt, foo;} Vector;

	Changing the Vector type will allow fonts to be spaced. Why
the HC compiler likes even number of fields when returning structures
from a function I'll never know! I have not tried the speedups yet,
maybe the next week or two. I'm realy getting the hang of the HC
compiler bugs now. HC is realy a plot to sell AIX!!!!!!

					JonnyG.
					(jonnyg@umd5.umd.edu)
					(jonnyg@rover.umd.edu)

PS: I am not a software distribution site! Requests for XPS source > /dev/null.

fiasco@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Richard Gircy) (12/14/88)

In article <4324@umd5.umd.edu> jonnyg@umd5.umd.edu (Jon Greenblatt) writes:

>	I finaly got XPS (Crispin Goswell's postscript previewer) to work
>successfuly on an IBM RT/PC. Sorry I do not have a context diff, I don't
>have room to keep the originals.
>
>PS: I am not a software distribution site! Requests for XPS source > /dev/null.

Is XPS public domain/shareware? If yes, where can I get it since
/dev/null most likely won't work.

thanks in adv. rich