[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] 1280x1024 on an RT

rob@matrox.UUCP (Robert Keller) (03/02/89)

In article <547@scifi.UUCP> njs@scifi.UUCP (Nicholas J. Simicich) writes:
>In article <4327@psuvax1.cs.psu.edu> schwartz@shire.cs.psu.edu (Scott Schwartz) writes:
>>In article <2853@stpstn.UUCP>, aad@stpstn (Anthony A. Datri) writes:
>>>It bothers me ... that the megapel leaves those wide stripes of uselessness
>>
>>I understand that the hardware can drive the "stripes", but X doesn't do it.
>>
> There is a third party adapter available that is something like 1200x1024
>that will drive the stripes and give you square pixels, at least under AIX.

The resolution is actually 1280x1024, and is 8 bits deep.  The graphics
board drives the same monitor as the megapel, the 5081 display, but the
monitor has to be tweaked.  I believe IBM has X11 for this platform,
and that the board can be used as the console display.

IBM representatives for the RT should know about the adapter,
it is the PG-1281.

...rob

uunet!uvm-gen!matrox!rob                          (514) 685-2630 x677
attcan!cmtl01!matrox!rob