[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] AIX/RT 2.2.1 issues

jim@applix.UUCP (Jim Morton) (03/05/89)

To AIX/RT 2.2.1 users:
	-Has anyone else noticed that /etc/mnttab has only hd0 and /
	 in it as of 2.2.1? It was maintained fine under all previous
	 releases. Anyone know of a fix or a clean way of writing code
	 to get mount table info?

	-Is anyone else out there running X11? If so, what display and
	 adapter card are you running? I'm getting OK performance on
	 5081 megapel and 6155 advanced mono but almost comical lack
	 of performance on 6154 color... Also, in addition to what
	 display you are running please include how much memory you
	 have on your machine.
--
Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., Westboro, MA
UUCP: ...m2c!applix!jim

sauer@auschs.UUCP (Charlie Sauer) (03/06/89)

In article <916@applix.UUCP>, jim@applix.UUCP (Jim Morton) writes:
> To AIX/RT 2.2.1 users:
> 	-Has anyone else noticed that /etc/mnttab has only hd0 and /
> 	 in it as of 2.2.1? It was maintained fine under all previous
> 	 releases. Anyone know of a fix or a clean way of writing code
> 	 to get mount table info?

/etc/mnttab is becoming increasingly obsolete.  Have you tried using mntctl(2)?

Charlie
--
C.H. Sauer IBM Advanced Workstations Div. !'s: cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!sauer
           11400 Burnet Road, D75/802     @'s: @CS.UTEXAS.EDU:sauer@ibmaus.uucp