[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] Ethernet Cards for RTs

bunda@cs.utexas.edu (John Bunda) (03/22/89)

I am about to connect several RTs to an ethernet, and need some
advice about ether cards.  Does anyone have any experience with
cards other than the IBM (actually U-B)?  I'm curious about some
of these new (cheaper) cards from the likes of Western Digital and
Everex - though it's not clear that software for the RT is
available.

Thanks...
John

John Bunda            UT CS Dept.
bunda@cs.utexas.edu   Austin, Texas

jim@applix.UUCP (Jim Morton) (03/22/89)

In article <5063@cs.utexas.edu>, bunda@cs.utexas.edu (John Bunda) writes:
> I am about to connect several RTs to an ethernet, and need some
> advice about ether cards.  Does anyone have any experience with
> cards other than the IBM (actually U-B)?

If you're running AIX on your RT, you have to run the U-B PC-NIC card,
I know of no other cards the AIX-RT TCP/IP supports. The devices command
and the loadable POST and VRM support is all for the PC-NIC card.

--
Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., Westboro, MA
UUCP: ...harvard!m2c!applix!jim