[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] Emacs on AIX 2.2.1

bondono@imag.imag.fr (Philippe Bondono) (05/10/89)

Has anybody tried to port the last version of Emacs on the RT running AIX?

I'm specially interested with the features provided when using with X11
(X 2.1 for the RT).

Philippe
--
Philippe BONDONO                        Tel: (33) 76 57 45 00 Ext: 4830
IMAG-TIM3/INPG, 46 Avenue Felix Viallet, 38031 GRENOBLE CEDEX - FRANCE

adam@gvax.cs.cornell.edu (Adam Feigin) (05/11/89)

In article <4884@imag.imag.fr> bondono@imag.imag.fr (Philippe Bondono) writes:
>Has anybody tried to port the last version of Emacs on the RT running AIX?

It runs on the RT under AIX, but you'll have to make some changes.

>I'm specially interested with the features provided when using with X11
>(X 2.1 for the RT).

The X support under 2.2.1 incomplete; and the 'X-dependent' modules will
not compile, so you're out of luck until IBM gets its act together.

Send me mail and I'll ship you off the changes.

							AWF

Internet: feigin@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu		Adam Feigin
Bitnet: feigin@crnlthry				Workstation Consultant
UUCP: {backbones}!cornell!batcomputer!feigin	Cornell National Supercomputer