[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] RCS on RT/ AIX 2.2.1

gors@well.UUCP (Gordon Stewart) (06/27/89)

we received via e-mail, thanks to the help of friendly netters, RCS
and compiled succesfully, and it seems to run.

The problem now is that 'make', as it comes from IBM, is one of
the dumber makes around (like most of the RT software, it seems to
be System III vintage or earlier...)

Didn't RCS used to get distributed with a version of make that was
smart enough to look for ".c,v" files in an $(RCSDIR) or some such
thing????

--
				{apple, pacbell, hplabs, ucbvax}!well!gors
							gors@well.sf.ca.us

nhp@pasiphae.dk (Niels Heinrich Proesch) (06/28/89)

In article <12414@well.UUCP> gors@well.UUCP (Gordon Stewart) writes:

>The problem now is that 'make', as it comes from IBM, is one of
>the dumber makes around (like most of the RT software, it seems to
>be System III vintage or earlier...)

I don't if this will solve your problem, but if your SHELL is /bin/csh
make don't run properly. Instead use SHELL=/bin/sh.

I've experienced great trouble by using make with default shell as C-shell.
For example make goes crazy when you try to make 'ckermit' or 'less'.

Niels H. Proesch