In article <1135@mailrus.cc.umich.edu> ric@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Richard Campbell) writes:

   From: ric@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Richard Campbell)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt
   Date: 11 Jul 89 14:43:42 GMT
   Sender: usenet@mailrus.cc.umich.edu

   Using AOS 4.3.2 on IBM RTs.

   The High C Programmer's Guide mentions "hcxref", a source code cross-reference
   facility. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be distributed with AOS 4.3.2.
   Does anybody know how to get it? Does anybody use it?  Is it worth getting?

Do not know.  Every time I asked IBM about it the question went into a black hole.

   Also mentioned in the guide is the "High C Language Reference Manual". Again,
   this isn't distributed with AOS 4.3.2. Same questions.

Somewhere in the IBM documenation, or perhaps the product annoucement
for AOS, there was an address of where to send $35 per copy for the
"High C Language Reference Manual".  I looked but could not locate the
address.  If you want I will track down the P.O. and get the address
from there.

   (Yes, I've tried calling MetaWare - they want to know the serial number of the
    compiler, apparently thinking that I bought it directly from them; IBM doesn't
    appear to have any idea of what I'm talking about.)

Strange, we just sent MetaWare money and they sent us manualas.  Try
using the '-v' switch to High-C when compiling something to get the
serial number.  For example:

isengard:244> hc -v -c mountpw.c
/lib/cpp -D__STDC__ -D__HIGHC__ mountpw.c /tmp/pp.006706
/usr/lib/hc1com /tmp/pp.006706 -efile @E -silent -on CHAR_DEFAULT_UNSIGNED -off
DOUBLE_MATH_ONLY -on DOUBLE_RETURN -on LONG_ENUMS -off PCC -on PCC_MSGS -ofile /
tmp/IL1006706 -vfile /tmp/var006706 -machine rtfl -define ibm032 1 -pro hc.pro -
copyr -dir /usr/include
MetaWare High C Compiler R2.1n  Serial 1-201798.
(c) Copyright 1987-88, MetaWare Incorporated
/usr/lib/hc2com -i /tmp/IL1006706 -V /tmp/var006706 -s mountpw.c -S /tmp/S006706
 -e -T /tmp/HC2006706
w "mountpw.c",L55: Variable "hp" is never referenced.
/bin/as -o mountpw.o -V /tmp/S006706

   Thanks,
   ric

--Dan Ehrlich
--
Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich@shire.cs.psu.edu> | Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are
The Pennsylvania State University      | my own, and should not be attributed