[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] rarp on RTs?

jnford@jay.weeg.uiowa.edu (Jay Ford) (09/09/89)

Does anyone know anything about reverse arp on the RTs?  I'd like to have
some RTs here (6150/125 & 6152s) running IBM/4.3 (Dec 88) act as reverse
arp servers, but I can't find any reference to rarp in the IBM docs.
I'm up for kernel hacks if that's what it takes.  Any information would
be appreciated.

Jay Ford,  Weeg Computing Center,  University of Iowa,  Iowa City,  IA  52242
jnford@jay.weeg.uiowa.edu  or  jnfordpb@uiamvs.bitnet,  319-335-5555

cslater@ibmpa.UUCP (Charlie Slater) (09/21/89)

In article <13@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> jnford@jay.weeg.uiowa.edu (Jay Ford) writes:
>Does anyone know anything about reverse arp on the RTs?  I'd like to have
>some RTs here (6150/125 & 6152s) running IBM/4.3 (Dec 88) act as reverse
>arp servers, but I can't find any reference to rarp in the IBM docs.
>I'm up for kernel hacks if that's what it takes.  Any information would
>be appreciated.

I don't think any support for RARP is shipped with IBM/4.3.  What we
did in this situation was download the bootpd sources from uunet
and compile them.   So far, this has worked for us.

Disclaimer:  I am speaking for myself not for IBM.

charlie slater
uunet!ibmsupt!cslater