[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] Seeking IBM RT Reliability Information

news@morpho.UUCP (John Timlick) (10/19/89)

Date:  10-18-89

To:  COMP.SYS.IBM.PC.RT group

From:  Steve Frampton, North American Morpho Systems

Subject:  IBM PC RT System Unit and Component reliability,
maintainability, and availability information.

Definition of Problem:  North American Morpho Systems builds
Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems (AFIS).  The
systems are distributed in nature, and use the IBM RT as a
major building block.  The availability of our AFIS product
is important to our customers and is necessary for us to
maintain a competative marketing edge.  Currently, we do not
have acceptable reliability information about the IBM RT.

Specific Information Desired:  Reliability (MTBF),
maintainability (MTTR), and availability information
relating to the IBM RT and the following components.

    IBM RT PC 115 System Unit
    IBM RT PC 125 System Unit
    114 MB disk drives
    310 MB disk drives
    400 MB DASDI disk drives
    Baseband Adapter
    Keyboard
    Moniter

General information about the IBM PC or related products is
also useful.

Operating Conditions:  In general the environmental
operating conditions are to IBM specs.  The AFIS systems
remain on around the clock, and are in use 16 hours a day,
with the exception of scheduled maintenance.  The disk
drives are heavily utilized 8 - 16 hours a day.

Please email to:   ...!amc-gw!morpho!jt