[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] X11 R4 under AOS 4.3?

ehrlich@cs.psu.edu (Daniel Ehrlich) (01/16/90)

Has anyone successfully compiled the X11 R4 core distribution on an RT
running AOS 4.3?  If you have what version of High-C did you use?  Are
there any other hints you can give?

--
Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich@cs.psu.edu>
Quote of the month:

chet@cwns1.CWRU.EDU (Chet Ramey) (01/17/90)

In article <C1g;a01@cs.psu.edu> ehrlich@cs.psu.edu (Daniel Ehrlich) writes:

>Has anyone successfully compiled the X11 R4 core distribution on an RT
>running AOS 4.3?  If you have what version of High-C did you use?  Are
>there any other hints you can give?

I did, using hc2.1o.  It has worked pretty much flawlessly so far on the
APA16s we have here.  There were no code changes I had to make to the core
distribution to get it to compile, though I had to change a few contrib
programs (and define XAW_BC).   There have been a few problems with
Megapels and compiling andrew with hc2.1s reported on the info-andrew list.
I didn't save the messages, but the guy who reported the problems is
kaz@mita.keio.ac.jp (Kazuhiro Kitagawa); you might try contacting him
directly.

Chet Ramey

--
Chet Ramey
Network Services Group				"Help! Help! I'm being